Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone replaced one of these that could advise where it is !

Not in boot , maybe in bumper ?

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
I need to go digging for mine at some point.
It seems there's a fair bit of trim that has to come out.
I'm hoping there's simply something loose or a bad connection with mine, but I suspect it won't be that simple.
I've no intention of removing bodywork...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I've been trying to sort out my parking sensors which I have covered on a recent thread.

I could not find the ECU just a small junction box in the rear corner. Nothing behind bumper itself.

I'm still investigating but my problem seems to have been that all four sensors had failed.

·
Registered
7,548 Posts
With my ear to the sensors, I can hear all 4 clicking away when I put it into reverse.
So guessing it could well be something to do with the control box.
I'll attempt to locate it when I get some time.
I'm sure I read somewhere it's on the driver's side and low down in the boot, and at the opposite end to the tail lights.
Can anyone confirm this?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
You should be able to follow the electric cables from the sensors along the base of the boot rear to it.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
You should be able to follow the electric cables from the sensors along the base of the boot rear to it.

As I have already covered in the following thread, the only thing I could find was a small junction box, the size of a Tic Tac container, on the boot floor in the right hand corner. Not sure what the control unit looks like so it could have been this but no-one had an answer to the question when I posed it.

Followed the cables as far as the rear speakers but could find nothing else.

http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/alfa-159-brera-andamp-946-spider/984338-parking-sensors-pitfall.html

1 - 8 of 8 Posts