Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Last few days my 2.2jts has developed a whistle (very loud at idle) from the engine bay.

Its coming from the 'cap' on top of the black air intake where the large square tab (see the red arrow in the pic)

If I block that with my finger, the whistle stops ....

Recently have had a few P0011 errors. I changed the soienoids so not sure if this 'whistle' is related...

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just to conclude this... ordered a new PCV false and installed it. Car back to normal idle now.

€55 euro for seal, spring and cap. Good time to buy parts in the UK as the pound is tanking...:devious:

thanks for all the help

·
Registered
140 Posts
It can usually develop lots of buildup beneath that orange rubber valve, i like to clean it out every 3 months and clean the throttle body with some intake/throttle cleaner every 6 months while I am there although it probably isn't necessary. You will notice the difference once you get all the sludge out from under that cap.

·
Registered
110 Posts
where did you buy ?

Just to conclude this... ordered a new PCV false and installed it. Car back to normal idle now.

€55 euro for seal, spring and cap. Good time to buy parts in the UK as the pound is tanking...:devious:

thanks for all the help
I'm having exactly same issue. Where did you buy it from ? and what's the part name ?

Many thanks !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts