Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sad to say but my beloved Brera is up for sale. I wish I could afford to keep her but I need to rustle up some money and so it is up for sale at the bargain price of £5790.

It sounds cheap but you've got to be realistic these days and considering I only paid £7300 for it nearly 2 years ago I think it's a decent price.

It is on Autotrader but I've also listed it here in the classifieds (it's the red one and pretty easy to find) so if you or anybody you know is looking for a really nice Brera then give me a call.

I have also made a spreadsheet of all the bills I have relating to the work that's been done on it and others going back to the previous owner. Over 6 grand in all. Email me if you want a copy..

I've had a remap at ProAlfa in Watford who also fitted Eibach springs. Autolusso have changed the timing chain and all assorted bits and pieces. They have also replaced the front suspension bushes with Powerflex ones and carried out a 4 wheel alignment.

Autolusso recently refurbished the wheels as the originals were looking very scratched. They look absolutely stunning in anthracite grey..

Any more info you need just let me know.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I'm sure it'll sell. I think most people buying alfas are quite clued up on decent upgrades and lobe the colour of the alloys! Put it on the side of the road with a sign in the window. My neighbor sells his cars like that all the time. The old ways....

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
It seems way too cheap to me, an absolute bargain for some lucky so and so.
A hell of a lot of car for the money.
Good luck with the sale, I can't see it taking too long even though it is the worst time of year to be selling.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It seems a low price but only compared to asking prices. If you ever use completed prices on ebay you get a better idea of what the likely selling price is going to be. I've got to be cheaper than most dealers for obvious reasons and there do seem to be a lot of would be private sellers living in fantasy land..

Like I said, I only paid £7,300 for it nearly 2 years ago when it had 39k on the clock. True I've spent a few bob on worthwhile improvements but I always new they wouldn't add anything to the selling price..

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Have you tried running it through wewantanycar or webuyanycar?
Been considering selling my '08 Spider LE (44k, FSH). Got a figure of £7,350 from the former.
I wouldn't use them myself, I'm pretty sure they're not likely to honour that figure, but it does give me a good idea of what I can expect to get as a trade-in.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
No, it's not great. I was expecting something very close to your asking price to be honest.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tried a few similar ones. All around the same price. I have used them in the past to sell my GT and they were very good. I got near to what I wanted in my ad and they were easy to deal with. That was the Watford branch. Can't speak for any other outlet..

They told me they look to make £500 at auction so with the sellers mark up of around, say a grand that would give a price around £6500 as a selling price, maybe starting at just below 7 grand.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
hes had that car for a while, hasnt just listed at that price.
been snooping breras on a few sites for a while now, i do like the sound of this red one.
Ah, I see. That then backs up what dc says about the state of the market.
Both cars look great and are amazing value.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No real interest yet. Before I listed it here and on Autotrader I had it on various free places like Gumtree, etc. Number of responses? 4. All obvious fraudulent.

I've had a few casual enquiries but to be honest they sounded like tyre kickers rather than serious buyers.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Maybe, but it's a small marketplace for the Brera at the best of times...

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gone... Just sold my Brera for £100 less than the asking price. Just goes to show that if you price things realistically you will find a buyer..

Sad to see it go though...

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Gone... Just sold my Brera for £100 less than the asking price. Just goes to show that if you price things realistically you will find a buyer..

Sad to see it go though...
:thumbs: Congratulations!
That didn't take long, and no surprise to me at all :).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts