Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Thinking about installing a cut-out valve on the exhaust of my Brera 2.2 JTS. The cut-out wille be working on vacuum rather than an electric motor van which don't last very long. Best place to in stall I think is the last straight piece of pipe (30cm) before the exhaust splits.

Does anyone here have experience with these kind of cut-outs? Are they worth it? Which vacuum line did you tap in to to get it to work?

WJ

·
Registered
Alfa 159 2.0 JTDm Lusso 6sp.
9,885 Posts
I cant imaginethat a Brera 4 cyl will be the sort of car anyone (over 20 years old at least!!) would fit a cutout too.....its just going to sound like a louder straight four with a hole in the exhaust (basically what a cutout is).....its never going to get that lovely V8 rubble or that turbine straight six sound that might make fitting one worth while.

Reactions: Funky Diver

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cant imaginethat a Brera 4 cyl will be the sort of car anyone (over 20 years old at least!!) would fit a cutout too.....its just going to sound like a louder straight four with a hole in the exhaust (basically what a cutout is).....its never going to get that lovely V8 rubble or that turbine straight six sound that might make fitting one worth while.
Hmm I understand, just looking for a way to make it sound better with revs and higher RPM and still quiet enough when cruising.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts