Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: :cry: really need help from someone on here, need to be rescued!! I need to know a part number for the wires that lead in to the back of the headlamps of brera/spyder/159, alfa say that there are a fair few different types of looms/harnesses as there are different types and specs of headlamp. They say I need a chassis no but these are different lights than the originals that wrere supplied with the car so that wont do them much good, have already been sent the wrong wires three times. The socket on the back of my headlamp which the wire plugs into is a round one, that the plug twists to lock into, not square or rectangle. could anyone who has this round type of socket on their car please let me know the part number that is marked on their wiring just behind the head lamp or even the number on the part that plugs directly into the back of the Lamp. I will be eternally grateful! my MOT is due soon!:confused: :(

N

·
0 Posts
Erm, if you give the dealer your VIN they'll
be able to look up the part-number for you. :confused:

You need to MOT a Brera already !?! :confused::confused:

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
They say I need a chassis no but these are different lights than the originals that wrere supplied with the car so that wont do them much good, have already been sent the wrong wires three times.(
Erm, if you give the dealer your VIN they'll
be able to look up the part-number for you. :confused:
Nev! Only 1 post in thread and you cant even read that!

I am guessing that it is a damaged repaired car that requires an MOT before it can go back on the road? If not then MOT surely not due until 2009!

Sorry that I cant help 168 but surely if you take the car or a photo of the plug into a dealer they will be able to source the required part.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm afraid my MOT is due, and as I said its not the brera that the lights are fitted to, alfa can't help all they do is bring up a list on their computer that has only part numbers and VERY breif descriptions of the part, hence the need for anyone with a brera/159 who has the round socket on the back of their headlamps to let me know what part number is printed on their wiring. I would be very grateful, this is the standard fitting, so most of you would have the same socket, all you have to do is open your bonnet and have a glance. Contact No. 07985730902 jake.;) :thumbs:

N

·
0 Posts
Nev! Only 1 post in thread and you cant even read that!

Hey! The system is the system. You order a part WRT
the VIN and it should (99/100) be the right part.

I'm afraid my MOT is due, and as I said its not the brera that the lights are fitted to,
Errrrrrrr............. There's the problem with the VIN then. :p

let me know what part number is printed on their wiring. I would be very grateful, this is the standard fitting, so most of you would have the same socket, all you have to do is open your bonnet and have a glance. :thumbs:

Sorry dude. Mine LHD so I'm betting there may be some difference.
(And it's ****ting it down here at the moment. :()

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:( Anyone, please ,who owns a brera or 159 or even new spider, I cant finish my 168 Ester Lazerus without the lights being hooked up and that means no pictures for you guys. can anyone just check if the cable/wiring socket on the back of your headlamps is a round one, not rectangle. If IT'S A ROUND ONE then plesase let me know the part number printed on the cable that runs into the back of the lamp. so that I can order the part and hook up my lights.:thumbs:

·
Registered
821 Posts
If it's the number on the back of the plug then it's: 7807649

The other numer to its left is: >PA66<
:)

Have fun!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts