Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Brera TBi
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have searched already to no avail...

Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the Bose set up on a Brera / 159? There seem to be diagrams posted by friendly helpful people for the 147 / GT set up but not the former.

I'm looking at upgrading my head unit and speakers, but retaining the factory Bose amplifier and subwoofer for ease and convenience, despite the specifications not being the best.

I'm aware I need to convert the high level speaker outputs from the new head unit to a suitable low level input for the Bose amplifier. I think Connects2 do a handy harness that does all this for me, along with another harness for steering wheel controls.

A new head unit should give me a bit more sound shaping control other than simply "treble" and "bass" on the stock CD headunit.

I then want to replace the front components with something a bit more hi-fi. Focal produce some 2 ohm components (ES 165 KX2) which would be ideal as the Bose amp is designed to drive a 2 ohm load. However i'm not quite sure which speakers are driven by which channels on the amplifier.

I understand the Brera / 159 bose setup to be a 5.1 channel, 8 speaker speaker system split up as follows:

- Front central tweeter (presumably this channel is mixed in mono?)

• Front left tweeter
  • Front left mid range
  • Front right tweeter
  • Front right mid range
- Rear left mid range

- Rear right mid range

- Subwoofer

I'm not entirely sure how many channels the amplifier is - is anyone able to confirm this?

My confusion lies around the the front speakers, are the left and right components running off a single channel each? Or do the tweeters and mid range have their own dedicated channel from the amplifier? And is there any sort of crossover / frequency management on the factory set up or does the Bose amplifier just pump all frequencies to all drivers?

Any help much appreciated, thanks,

Richard

·
Registered
Brera TBi
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
some more info (page 8 onwards) :
Once again, you've been a tremendous help, thank you. I can now make sure I properly match the impedance of the drivers when replacing some.

I don't suppose you have the Brera version of this? The speaker configuration is ever so slightly different to the 159. It has no rear tweeters.

Thanks

Richard

·
Premium Member
7,333 Posts
Once again, you've been a tremendous help, thank you. I can now make sure I properly match the impedance of the drivers when replacing some.

I don't suppose you have the Brera version of this? The speaker configuration is ever so slightly different to the 159. It has no rear tweeters.

Thanks

Richard

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts