Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!
I have an anoying play in the steering in my -07 Spider 3,2. Pretty sure it is the steeringrack. Can someone confirm that all 159,Spider and Breras uses the same steering rack? Does it matter if it is a 2,2 or 3,2 etc..? I have found a Company on ebay that sells a refurbished rack for £300, they say it will fit all of the cars above, but when i spoke with an other company they said they needed the serialnumber on my rack because their was a lot of different types of racks...? Can someone bring some clarity to this issue? It would be very much appreciated!

Reg Niclas

·
Registered
650 Posts
ive been told the subframes are all the same, at least for the front wheel drive cars. these support the steering rack so im going to say yes, but ill let you know when i swap the frames around next week :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hello!
I have an anoying play in the steering in my -07 Spider 3,2. Pretty sure it is the steeringrack. Can someone confirm that all 159,Spider and Breras uses the same steering rack? Does it matter if it is a 2,2 or 3,2 etc..? I have found a Company on ebay that sells a refurbished rack for £300, they say it will fit all of the cars above, but when i spoke with an other company they said they needed the serialnumber on my rack because their was a lot of different types of racks...? Can someone bring some clarity to this issue? It would be very much appreciated!

Reg Niclas
Hi
I have a spare rack that came off my race car 3.2 Prodrive Brera. Vehicle had only 500 miles on it. Happy to do you a deal on this , please pm me.

Paul

1 - 7 of 7 Posts