Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As most of you will no doubt be aware, there has been a 1.8 Brera for sale on eBay for some time (possibly as it is recorded as a Cat D)?
The seller has had it for sale for some time and I have been in contact with him for some time, his asking price is almost £10k - But what is it worth realistically?
I've told him I have the money waiting but he needs to sweeten the deal, what should I pay??

·
Registered
586 Posts
I take it its this one? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2010-60-Alfa-Romeo-Brera-1-7-1750-TBi-200-Bhp-Extremely-Rare-Car-/371763563801?hash=item568ed5cd19:g:gaoAAOSwB-1YxvVj

Its a tough one really as looking at it on paper she looks worth the money but the cat D could become an issue when reselling and depending on what insurance quotes you're getting?, Personally I'd want an independent inspection before meeting the asking price. I'd try for £9k being as she's a cat d. If the seller isn't willing to budge then at least some warranty should be included for the full asking price imo.

Nice example though.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Autovolo suggest a selling price of £7680 that's just down to its age and mileage, not it being a cat D. There's a couple of things to take into account when buying a Cat D.
1/ being it's worth at least 25% less than the market value
2/ it maybe refused insurance, or atleast make it more expensive to insure
Insurance companies see once a cars been written off it should stay that way, as it could of been repaired on the cheap with safety features skipped upon, airbags, auto levelling lights, parking sensors etc..
I noticed it's not been taxed since September 2016 which would suggest the car being off the road even though it's been MOT'd earlier on this year. If it was me I'd get an insurance quote first and declare that it is a Cat D. Bare in mind if you buy it once you want to sell the car on even private you have to declare that it is a Cat D and not to expect anywhere near the asking price...

·
Registered
108 Posts
O yes you can, it is no different to any other paint, in taking care of it..In fact they wax and polish up beautifully... Topic,,go on you know you want to, and by far the best interior of any Brera produced. The real carbon dash is sublime...

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
You need special Matt polish and car wash to treat them as you could damage the paint.

I remember someone that had one on the forum years ago and they washed it with washing up liquid

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hadn't thought of this tbf - I do enjoy a good polishing w/end and seeing the final result, it would be a shock to the system!
Did they make this version with 'normal' paint?

·
Registered
507 Posts
Especially when there's a virtually identical one on Autotrader (6 months older & higher mileage) for 8,500.

The first one doesn't appear to have parking sensors in the rear bumper

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Especially when there's a virtually identical one on Autotrader (6 months older & higher mileage) for 8,500.

The first one doesn't appear to have parking sensors in the rear bumper
I've checked autotrader & made contact with a couple for sale - the one pitched at almost £13,000 is the one I'd prefer but again way over priced in my opinion?
Let's see if he'll drop a fair bit??

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Found the one I want - Will try and close them down on Monday, she's a beauty!

Anyone want a very well pampered 2.4 Brera, thousands spent on her to get her just right - absolutely nothing to do to her???
Any offers?

·
AO Traders
580 Posts
Hi,
If you need any help with insurance at all for this vehicle then please feel free to drop me a line.
The vast majority of our schemes have no issues with cat C or D write off vehicles.
Regards,
Dan.

·
Registered
2,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi,
If you need any help with insurance at all for this vehicle then please feel free to drop me a line.
The vast majority of our schemes have no issues with cat C or D write off vehicles.
Regards,
Dan.
Hi Dan,
I dropped the idea of the CatD after finding another straight example, however we are currently in a stalemate regarding price!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts