Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Been looking at a Brera S; 49K said the man. Interior looked worn so eventually declined. But the lovely red Brembos were peeling their red finish - looked like a double layer of slightly different colours. My garage man says that red Brembos do that - but at 47K? I've walked away, but still curious about the wear to the interior - and of course those Brembos! The car drove beautifully on the 19s! Will look for another S hopefully with more success - lost deposit on this one!

Valvenut

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
Brembos do suffer from lacquer peel. I see a handful of cars a day at work that get. No idea what causes it but it can be sanded down and re-lacquered to get the original finish. Regarding mileage and interior wear, it all comes down to use. 1 person can do 40k in a year doing long journeys and less in and out time. Another can do that over several journeys a day which increases wear on seat bolster etc... Also some people have sandpaper hands and can wear out a gear knob and steering wheel within a few years.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Yeh, you can get a corner chipped when the wheel comes off, garage power washers and the acidic alloy cleaner can get under the lacquer etc

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App[/color

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, men. Now found a place on the Web that will refinish Brembo reds on a Brera for GBP495 on a 24 hour basis. Sounds a pretty good, if somewhat expensive, deal.

Valvenut

·
Registered
7,556 Posts
It's an absolute bloody rip-off.
Forget the web and go speak to someone local.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts