Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 155TB with Brembo discs and EBC Green Stuff brake pads, and after just a short time of standstill my brake pads rust onto the discs, is this normal for the Brembo discs or is it because of the composition of the pads?

This is of course only a problem when it is wet, so this is only 95% of the time in DK:thumbup:

·
Registered
627 Posts
it´s normal. I have this phenomena even during car washing. nothing to be worried about.
more critical is the rear brake. it´s different to keep the braking disc clean there (because you do not have much power on the rear brake). mine is rusty after half an year after completely change of braking disc and pads :(

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not worried, but I do find it a little annoying

it´s normal. I have this phenomena even during car washing. nothing to be worried about.
more critical is the rear brake. it´s different to keep the braking disc clean there (because you do not have much power on the rear brake). mine is rusty after half an year after completely change of braking disc and pads :(
I'm not worried, but I do find it a little annoying since my car are often parked a week or two when I travel.

Have there anybody with the Brembo setup who have found a solution that works just a little better?
How can it be that the Brembo discs are that bad when it comes to rusting, I even purchased to "gold" color once because they were supposed to be better.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Because I walk to work I tend not to use my car for days at a time. My previous two cars were Lotuses and I had the same issue with them with several different pad compounds and two different makes of brake discs (Elise Parts discs on the Elise, AP Racing 308 discs on the Europa S). And, like you, I'm now finding I also get the same on the Mito 155 depending on the weather. It can affect all sorts of cars :)

If you've got a garage or are parking somewhere secure that's flat then what can help is to leave the handbrake off but leave the car in gear (first or reverse) to stop it rolling (or even chock the wheels). Although if you do that make sure you remember to put the handbrake back on and take it out of gear before starting :). Leaving the handbrake off may not completely stop the problem though - with my Europa S it would still seize a bit when wet even with doing that (I'd also give the car a bit of a rock to and fro by hand just to loosen things a little, which would also help).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts