Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I would like to smarten-up my red brembo calipers they are badly fadded, what are my options?

·
Registered
30,162 Posts
Take them off, clean, paint, refit.

or were you looking for more info than that? :eek:

·
Registered
908 Posts
:lol: :cheese: :lol:

·
Registered
145 Posts
You can buy paint especially for calipers from Frost Auto Restoration, and probably from other places too. I think that Alfa Romeo decals can also be found, and what I am thinking of doing is painting mine red, applying the decals and then painting over with clear enamel or similar.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
you might find that it's just the laquer that is making them appear faded. I scraped the peeling laquer off and then re-applied and the looked a lot better (no like new though..)

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
I gave mine a good rub down, and sprayed with red hammerite. Got some new decals from ebay and hey presto, good as new.

I didnt lacquer over the top of the decals which i wish i had done now as some of the letering has been damaged when i had the disc replaced..

Ned offered to powder coat them when i had them overhauled a few weeks back (sticking piston) so that's an option too.

M

·
Registered
945 Posts
I took all of mine off and rubbed down/repainted while I replaced discs/pads/lines/fluid.

Here's some pics, I used Halfords Caliper paint - seems to be fairly tough. Required 4+ coats to get it smooth...

·
Registered
251 Posts
you might find that it's just the laquer that is making them appear faded. I scraped the peeling laquer off and then re-applied and the looked a lot better (no like new though..)
This is roughly what I did. After removing the lacquer I wet sanded with a very fine grit paper (without sanding the logos). They've come up a brilliant red - haven't relacquered, but should really.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I took all of mine off and rubbed down/repainted while I replaced discs/pads/lines/fluid.

Here's some pics, I used Halfords Caliper paint - seems to be fairly tough. Required 4+ coats to get it smooth...

Nice job :thumbs:
Are the front calipers Brembo ones?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts