Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need Brembo brake pads for the fronts.

Might need a discs aswell. What is the lifespan of front discs?

Upgraded discs and pads Will set me back Just over R5k and Im not spending that kind of money on the car now.

Easier/cheaper solution anyone?

The steering starter To wobble when i brake at very low speeds only...maybe the disc Just needs a skim?

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think Ferodo sells pads for this car, last time I checked I struggled my ass off and ended up buying Brembo pads again.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Contact Alfa and tell them you have heard of a recall to change disks, Calipers and pads on the GQV. Demand that they do it. They changed mine for mahala!!! :thumbs:

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
dude...hook me up please...put in the word at Joha3 for me and I'm there tomorrow!

I'm not really in their good books at this stage.:cry:

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And to make matters worse, the EBD light is now permanently on. When I accelerate, brake and turbo left or right the motion of the car probably triggers the sensors...

I am not driving over 80kph at this stage...freak man.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I don't think Ferodo sells pads for this car, last time I checked I struggled my ass off and ended up buying Brembo pads again.
I am probably totally lost but to my knowledge they use the same pads as the 159 2.4 which is the same as the 3.2 GT

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am probably totally lost but to my knowledge they use the same pads as the 159 2.4 which is the same as the 3.2 GT
I'm not sure...I think MP said its the same as the 166 3.2???I've got no time to search these here forums and read through it(which reminds me, next time I have time, learn to use the search function:cheese:)

It will be great if they share the same size as I'm sure GT or 166 pads will be 10x less than the GQV pads.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Then you get Ferodo and other brands just take the samples.
Yes then it will fit the 166, 159, GT some GTA’s and the QV.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Correct and the same as the 330m GTA pad.. Just check the brake level indicator plug. (I rip them out - they give false warnings and I check myself)
http://www.brakes4u.co.uk/supersearchpopup.asp?catID=12143&keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=493&width=812
http://www.brakes4u.co.uk/supersearchpopup.asp?catID=12725&keepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=493&width=812

·
Registered
347 Posts
Funny you mention that, my check brakes light came on this weekend. I changed the fronts 15 000km ago...hoping it's the rears!! :tut:

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
the OEM pads are not brembo but are Ferodo pads.. they are the same as the 159 and 166 but the giulietta is a directional pad. if you fit other pads then you will get the noise back.. the newer pads do not have locating pins.

I have a brand new set in the box on my dining table waiting to go into my 159.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Ian I'm almost sure the giulietta rears are sensored

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
MP, my 159 came with Brembpo pads strangely, but when the dealer fitted the next set they were Galfer or something, complete with Alfa Romeo branding. Doesn't feel close to as good as the Brembos did.

The new set of rear brakes at home are Galfer too.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
i know the new ones are all ferodo cause they are in the alfa box and pads are branded fiat alfa lancia but when you search the part number it takes you to ferodos website. lol

Lance you can try with the dealer but you have already changed pads once so i doubt they will accommodate you..

just suck it up and get a decent set of pads

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
What about ATE pads? I've heard its made by the same company that manufactures ferodo.

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
i heard that if you plant an egg, a chicken will grow.. lol

new pads are about 900 from the dealer. EBC are 1300.

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i know the new ones are all ferodo cause they are in the alfa box and pads are branded fiat alfa lancia but when you search the part number it takes you to ferodos website. lol

Lance you can try with the dealer but you have already changed pads once so i doubt they will accommodate you..

just suck it up and get a decent set of pads
Ok, give me your credit card details please :p:cheese:

Prince Nero organized a set of unknown pads and installation for R1490 at Savspeed. He said its an imported pad from Italy but he'll show me on Friday.

So that's by far the cheapest so i'll go with that, has the sensors and everything. I'll test them on my car and I'll give feedback so maybe we can all start getting these pads instead of the dealer quoted R3460 for front pads and fitment:cry:

Sav has fitted them on his wife's Giulietta and he's happy with them.

So I'll go this route.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts