Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I've got some new rear brake discs and pads that need fitting to my G, question I have is, for certain boring circumstances I now no longer have any tools at my disposal, so I was wondering what tools are required for the full job? (brembo system on a 2010 cloverleaf)

I've got a jack and axle stands being delivered, so safety is not concern. I've also replaced discs and pads on the front in the past so I know what I'm doing, I just can't remember for the life of me what size sockets I need and what size the Allen key is for the disc retaining bolt!

Any and all info is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
8,786 Posts
13mm key for the sliders.

torx for the vibrational damper on the bottom slider pin. Something small, T25 or so.

Rewinding tool for the caliper piston

But the rest I haven't needed to undo yet, so can't tell you what size the pad carrier bolts are or the disc retaining bolt.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
13mm key for the sliders.

torx for the vibrational damper on the bottom slider pin. Something small, T25 or so.

Rewinding tool for the caliper piston

But the rest I haven't needed to undo yet, so can't tell you what size the pad carrier bolts are or the disc retaining bolt.
Yeah cheers dude, ended up going to a friends and taking a wheel off and just trying all of his tools to see what fits

So far as I've found out

13mm socket/spanner
15mm spanner
Hammer (x2 depending on how ran down the old disc is)
5mm hex/Allen key for disc bolt

This is all that's really needed, I'll update as and when I end up stuck with half a calliper off and the wrong tools to get the rest off

Edit: obviously rewind tool for the rear

1 - 4 of 4 Posts