Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have some strange noise on my 159 jdtm 1.9. cannot really identify if the noise is from breaks or suspension.

I have checked the breaks with my mechanic and he said that discs and pads are in prefect condition, some work has been done on the callipers to stop them from squeaking.

After 3 weeks of driving I still heard a slight squeak noise from the breaks and a 'wob-wob-wob' sound at low speeds.

The problem is that now whenever i suddenly break to almost a stop there is a very loud and annoying grinding noise. As mentioned, it only happens when I am almost at a stop and the car's momentum is forced forward. It sounds like "kchhh-kchhh"

Breaks or Suspension? Any ideas?

·
Registered
92 Posts
A grinding noise when you brake is almost definitely the brakes in my opinion. Is the nose coming from the back or front brakes? Assuming your garage is correct and they're all working properly then it could be a stone or something caught in there. Does or only happen when you brake hard? Can you hear a faint grinding noise when coasting?

·
Registered
140 Posts
the 'wob wob' sound when cruising along could be the wheel bearing on that side, at least it was in my case. Not the cheapest thing but the noise in awful once it gets louder.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tyres are new. around 2k miles on them.
I have an appointment with mechanic on friday, hopefully he will sort the problem.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts