Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
916 spider 3l12v
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Has anyone done a breaks conversion for a v6 12valve spider to fit the larger GTV brakes? What parts need to be replaced?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi, have PM'd you on my experiences already, but happy to continue this on here if that helps?
Be interested to hear about your experiences on here ... recently acquired ex-Dutch TV series TB in my hands (brakes as per 3.0 12V Spider), and as always I look at the brakes and invariably want bigger/gruntier ones. Done several conversions over the years but always open to better ideas :)

Paul

·
Registered
695 Posts
To be honest it was just a case of swapping in the P2 hubs and purchasing a set of refurbished Brembo calipers from Autolusso and new drilled/grooved discs all around. Really big improvement plus look much better too. I don't have the performance (or need) to go to 330mm set up with my mildly tuned 12V 3.0.

·
Registered
18 Posts
To be honest it was just a case of swapping in the P2 hubs and purchasing a set of refurbished Brembo calipers from Autolusso and new drilled/grooved discs all around. Really big improvement plus look much better too. I don't have the performance (or need) to go to 330mm set up with my mildly tuned 12V 3.0.
View attachment 936185
Hmm .. ok .. my TB is a 1999 CF2 car (ex Dutch TV series 99 to 01). Which specific CF2 hubs did you swap in? A set of refurbed Brembos seems a fine solution on the caliper score.

I am insanely jealous of your Sienas ... 17" Teledials look good, but the Sienas are a step up from there!

Paul

·
Registered
695 Posts
cheers Headloq.
I do not know what hubs specifically they were (just phase 2 3.0 V6 GTV) and the job wasn't hard for the garage. They had more issues with changing the rear brakes to the refurbished ones i they supplied - they needed some small re-routing of the lines to fit.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Hmm .. ok .. my TB is a 1999 CF2 car (ex Dutch TV series 99 to 01). Which specific CF2 hubs did you swap in? A set of refurbed Brembos seems a fine solution on the caliper score.

I am insanely jealous of your Sienas ... 17" Teledials look good, but the Sienas are a step up from there!

Paul
oh and yes I do love mine. 18" is just right for me. They probably will need a refurbish next year - despite only doing less than 1,000km's in nearly 3 years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts