Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. sorry to say this but i have a 91 spider s4 which i will break for parts.I am keeping certain items for my s2, soft and hardtop, various bits of trim. The dash and offside wing mirror i have sold along with the gearbox.The car has only covered 40,000 mls and had 1 owner before me.But failed its test due to rust.I bought my s2 from a guy 500yds from my house and the s4 as an m.o.t failure from the next village. If any ones interested in s4 parts let me know. Regards Jonathan.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Ecu

Hi Mate do you have a motronics ECU for sale, i just got a series 4 non runner and everything points to the ECU. Thanks... Andy

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Hi Mate do you have a motronics ECU for sale, i just got a series 4 non runner and everything points to the ECU. Thanks... Andy
What is the actual problem? Are you sure your battery is healthy? Motronic wont wake up unless a good 10.5-11 volts under cranking. So just because the battery reads 12v means nothing - it is cranking voltage that is important here.

·
Registered
232 Posts
What is the actual problem? Are you sure your battery is healthy? Motronic wont wake up unless a good 10.5-11 volts under cranking. So just because the battery reads 12v means nothing - it is cranking voltage that is important here.
Good point, I have seen a duff battery cause all sorts of odd electrical issues

·
Registered
17,658 Posts
Do you have a speedo sender?

The part that fits to the gearbox with a cable containing 3 wires?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi ..11.7v at new battery when cranking, checked all wiring, earths etc, new crank sensor, still no spark, no fuel
Regards
Andy

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
that is very healthy cranking voltage. Maybe you are looking at the ecu then.
There is a main ecu relay you should definitely check out before going through the expense of a new or used ECU, also under the rear shelf It is one of the relays with a fuse attached, cannot remember anymore which one, but i can look it up in my workshop manual if needs be.....even just check the fuse on the relay and you may just be lucky enough to hit the jackpot:)

Edit: The main ECU Motronic relay is the one with a red stripe on it!

One guy on alfabb changed his fuel pump relay with a no spark problem and it started right up - he says this relay affects the coil - odd that, but it worked for him!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry that you are breaking such a nice car. I am interested in the interior knee guard things under the steering wheel and glove box. What colour are yours?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Spider S4 Parts still available

The following S4 parts are still available for those interested.
rear bumper,brake balance,fuel pump,lhd dashboard minus pod,complete loom,
speedo cable with sensor,scuttle cover with vent,steering parts,1 door glass,
petrol filler flap and release, 5 wheels,boot release,wiper motor,brake servo,
prop shaft,rear calipers,offside front caliper,heater controls with panal and
a hood frame from an s2 spider.Regards.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
The following S4 parts are still available for those interested.
rear bumper,brake balance,fuel pump,lhd dashboard minus pod,complete loom,
speedo cable with sensor,scuttle cover with vent,steering parts,1 door glass,
petrol filler flap and release, 5 wheels,boot release,wiper motor,brake servo,
prop shaft,rear calipers,offside front caliper,heater controls with panal and
a hood frame from an s2 spider.Regards.
May be interested in the servo if cheap enough.:thumbs:

·
Registered
19 Posts
s4 spares.

Hi Alfamosaics,
can you tell me what style wheels they are, as i may be interested (+ price), also, my wiper motor doesn't give me much confidence (seems to be going a bit slow now and again), so what would you be looking for for that. Bugger, forgot- my ashtray is also a bit snapped, so may be interested in that too. If it's easier, you can email me at [email protected]
Cheers.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts