Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All

I have a 3.0 166 which needs welded and bodywork. Given the amount to be spent I am minded to break it, the engine is sound and it had a new clutch around 30k ago. It's overdue a timing belt.

I'm after some advice as to appropriate prices particularly for the engine and box, interior (heated electrically adjusted red leather in good condition) and the brembo calipers.

I see whats being asked on fleabay but are these prices realistic. I'm not looking to make a killing just a reasonable return for the parts.

Ideally I'd prefer the larger items to be collected from central Scotland which I know might affect the price but I am at work most days so not able to wait around for a courier.

Cheers

David

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
I got just over £100 for the front calipers. Engine box etc I kept as that was why I got the car. Sensibly, breakers are going for anything from £250 to £500 or so, a buyer might be more inclined to pay for an engine & box (& ECU) out of the car rather than having to strip it themselves. Then again, buying an entire running car means you can asses the state of the bits that mater to you.

Always worth a look on the Stratos forum as the 166 is a donor of choice over there.

Your location probably limits your market & price a bit too I suspect?

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent, many thanks for the info.
I may yet keep the engine and box after all.
Yes location probably is an issue to some extent.

·
Registered
699 Posts
I'm looking for a leather interior for my 166 - was thinking grey but red might be interesting - do you have any photos?

cheers,

Jeremy

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Having had another look at the car it's beyond saving unfortunately. So if anyone wants parts let me know. I'd rather the usable parts went to save others :)
If having trouble accessing my PM at moment so feel free to text or call me on 07921162202.

Ok PMs sorted (for now). Happy to take requests that way too.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Thanks for the pics of your seats. Looks like more work than I've got time for to transfer all of the associated red bits and pieces.

However, I'm missing the jack, toolkit and the knurled nut retaining the battery cover on my car, as well as the book pack. If you have those I'd definitely be interested - pls drop me a PM to let me know!

Cheers,

Jeremy

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jeremy
Apologies for the delay in replying, for some reason I didn't get a thread update with your post.
The toolkit and bookpack have been promised elsewhere (prior to your post) I'm afraid. If there is any difficulty I'm happy to get back in touch. I don't have the nut unfortunately.
The interior would take a bit of swapping but does look great all in red, no worries though I have interest from at least two others.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am looking for the plastic cap of front side airbag. I bought the car without it (on left side) thinking it'll be easy to get but had no luck so far..

Attachments

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am looking for the plastic cap of front side airbag. I bought the car without it (on left side) thinking it'll be easy to get but had no luck so far..
Will have a look next time I'm at the car and let you know, probably be a couple of days tho.

Cheers

David

·
Registered
873 Posts
I'd be interested in the red leather but only the whole lot - carpets and all. It would go nicely with the 156 and GTV red leather interiors I have.....

BTW I also have 166 Black and Tan leather seats if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd be interested in the red leather but only the whole lot - carpets and all. It would go nicely with the 156 and GTV red leather interiors I have.....

BTW I also have 166 Black and Tan leather seats if anyone is interested.
Sorry the interior is sold, subject to collection. If its not collected happy to let you know.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hey - It'd be cool if you could tell us where the rust is, so we can all check and touch up those areas on our own cars. Is it the suspension turrets or sills or? Cheers!

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Based on the one I scrapped, plus the daily, rear suspension turrets up at the top of the rear Spring damper units, all the seams underneath, at the front, concealed by the plastic sill trims, just as the floor starts to curve upwards into the wheel arch area, the floor rots through from the inside. Side of the cills at the back where the parts join.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Cheers Chris - Was gonna give mine a good going over in the summer as I have noticed some underseal peeling around the spot welds on the box sections under the floor, and some seal sealer peeling in the wheel arches. I've already dealt with the rear sill join. I'll jet wash the turrets as they're probably a mud trap. Cheers!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hi
Unfortunately my car doesnt have those airbags. Are they different from the ones on a 156/147 ?

David

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi
Unfortunately my car doesnt have those airbags. Are they different from the ones on a 156/147 ?

David
Unfortunately not... :depressed: Thank you for checking it out, many 166 are without side airbags.

Reactions: Davffc
1 - 20 of 35 Posts