Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She's still in use, is now on UK plates with current MOT so if you want to make me an offer on the whole car feel free as you could drive it home.

Its coming off the road in the next couple of weeks when my new car arrives. From then it will be SORN'd

Engine - pulls like a train due a timing belt. Had an oil and filter change 7000km ago, good turbo but needs to be cleaned (again) as the vanes are sticking. Has a Blue Spark Automotive tuning box on it, this can also be used on other 16v JTD engines.

Gearbox - 6 speed, no problems give a nice slick change.

Suspension - KONI FSD shocks with Eibach 30mm lowering springs B-) This setup gives amazing handling without compromising ride. Will also fit 147/gt and saloon.

Brakes - Complete conversion set up from a 2.5 v6 166, Hub Carrier, wheel spacers, Big Discs and BIG calipers and newish pads! give a nice and predictable braking feel as well as looking cool. (will only fit with 17" or larger wheels)

Wheel - Set of 5 multispoke alloys, all a bit tatty if I'm honest. 4 Brand new (2 months old) budget tyres, one punctured and haven't had repaired yet. spare has decent tread and is on the car now.

Rear windows not working, interior black cloth but I'm having the front drivers seat for my my camper. Everything else is available.

Advertised elsewhere.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hrm, how much are we looking at for the brakes and suspension set up, assuming they will be good to go on the 2.4?

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
Where in the UK are you based or car based?
How much for the full car?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hrm, how much are we looking at for the brakes and suspension set up, assuming they will be good to go on the 2.4?
Brakes are provisionally sold for £100
suspension £350 with about 15500miles on them, I have had 'interest' on other platforms so till I have the car actually stripped I'm going to offer refusal in the order people asked if that makes sense!

Where in the UK are you based or car based?
How much for the full car?
We are both in County Durham about 20 min from the A1

I would take £550 as it is for a quick sale, if it doesn't go before I get my other car sorted out then it will be for breaking only as It's worth more in parts (just means I have to strip the fecker and sit on things till they sell!)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi mate, how much for passenger side front indicator posted?
Call it a tenner, or I'll do the pair for 15. Will check how much for postage.

Car is now off the road, Stripping will begin in earnest once the snow and cold have lifted a little.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Will the shocks fit a 1.8 156 TS?

·
Registered
9,000 Posts
Call it a tenner, or I'll do the pair for 15. Will check how much for postage.

Car is now off the road, Stripping will begin in earnest once the snow and cold have lifted a little.
I am up for it! (I need one on the driver's side). Is it still available?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Apologies Gents, I have decided to put the car back on the road, what can I say, it's a shame to break the old girl and we have a lot of memories attached to her now. It's always going to be a workhorse and on the brink of expiration but it's had a pretty solid rebuild in the past that belie it's current state.

I don't want this one to die!

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Brakes - Complete conversion set up from a 2.5 v6 166, Hub Carrier, wheel spacers, Big Discs and BIG calipers and newish pads! give a nice and predictable braking feel as well as looking cool. (will only fit with 17" or larger wheels)
A 166 brake conversions implies that it's fitted with 4 pot brembos and 310mm (IIRC) brake discs. Is that correct'? - It looks like it is based on the pics...

But Hub carrier? from a 166? :confused:

WTF...

Or do you mean it's got adaptor brackets to make the callipers fit the 156 upright?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts