Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Perhaps I should have put this one in polls, but here goes anyway.
I recently bought a 155 1.8 16v- 1996 N reg.
It came in with a timing belt not driving the cams (belt is intact so likely tensioner failure or stripped teeth).
Anyway, as its done 115K but still in good condition, I was wondering if it woud be worth fixing for sale, or just breaking for bits.
It is std with the later Speedline 15" alloys, Plum in colour and I think everything works. Its been a non smoker's car and was MOTd the week before I got it.

Any coments welcome before I take the head off to count the damaged valves etc....

·
Registered
6,920 Posts
Definately a fixer uper, especially if you can do the work yourself. :D

Also the plum colour is favoured by a lot of people :)

·
Registered
835 Posts
Ally,

would you be willing to sell the car whole? if so, how much? where about in perthshire are you? PM me...

dee

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
888dee said:
Ally,

would you be willing to sell the car whole? if so, how much? where about in perthshire are you? PM me...

dee

LoL, as Dee swoops down ;)

There are a lot breaking at the mo, probably easier mending and selling, plus as said the plum is a nice colour :D

·
Registered
835 Posts
yeah well I've got another head which dai has for me so I've got most of the bits needed already, especially as sumo is now available for organ donation ;) and also the 1.8 I've got is getting a little mechanically tired, having 140k on it now... :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts