Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well , decided after Alfa uk failed to answer many of my questions via the dealer especially the crucial will we get a 3rd seatbelt in the Qv any time soon and are the demo cars just missing them not to order a Giulia Qv

It has become plainly obvious in my dealing that Alfa uk don't really know this car well enough, what options are what, and even tie themselves in knots regarding the stereo system. Its just not good enough... The product launch has been so long winded as it is, you would have thought Alfa uk would have got their house in order. I'm just not confident that the dealers will be able to sort out any niggles or even get the servicing right on a 60k car.

So as much as I wanted this car and love it to bits, the dealer support and Alfa uk seemed to be no further forward in their attempts to improve. Such a shame... The missus said this would happen and she was right and the one that said, stop dealing with these jokers.

In contrast I have looked at a Bmw M3 and every question I have asked has been answered in a professional manner and if not sure answered the same day after the dealer finding out. Its simply not enough to have the better car if the dealer network and Alfa uk let you down time and time again.

·
Banned
2,484 Posts
Im sorry to hear that you will getting a BMW M3 just because a dealer can answer a question, my commiserations to you

what would you like to know about the Quadrifoglio ?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im sorry to hear that you will getting a BMW M3 just because a dealer can answer a question, my commiserations to you

what would you like to know about the Quadrifoglio ?
never said I was getting an M3 papa, just said we looked at one so no commiserations necessary . lol

Maybe you should read again rather than getting ultra defensive and being sarcastic

Since you asked though

Do you know if the uk cars will have a third rear seat belt for starters?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Well , decided after Alfa uk failed to answer many of my questions via the dealer especially the crucial will we get a 3rd seatbelt in the Qv any time soon and are the demo cars just missing them not to order a Giulia Qv

It has become plainly obvious in my dealing that Alfa uk don't really know this car well enough, what options are what, and even tie themselves in knots regarding the stereo system. Its just not good enough... The product launch has been so long winded as it is, you would have thought Alfa uk would have got their house in order. I'm just not confident that the dealers will be able to sort out any niggles or even get the servicing right on a 60k car.

So as much as I wanted this car and love it to bits, the dealer support and Alfa uk seemed to be no further forward in their attempts to improve. Such a shame... The missus said this would happen and she was right and the one that said, stop dealing with these jokers.

In contrast I have looked at a Bmw M3 and every question I have asked has been answered in a professional manner and if not sure answered the same day after the dealer finding out. Its simply not enough to have the better car if the dealer network and Alfa uk let you down time and time again.
Same here. 3rd seatbelt crucial - absolute dealbreaker. If I can't transport 4 belted adults plus child in car seat then I can't have this car. Seems to be confusion from Alfa UK about why there is no middle seatbelt. If the Yanks can have one why can't we. Could I/they fit one and it be legal? They can't seemingly be bothered to find out and I don't know where to start. Can you fit roofbars? "Probably" was the answer. Probably isn't good enough - I need to know!

Does anyone from Alfa UK read this forum??!

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Same here. 3rd seatbelt crucial - absolute dealbreaker. If I can't transport 4 belted adults plus child in car seat then I can't have this car. Seems to be confusion from Alfa UK about why there is no middle seatbelt. If the Yanks can have one why can't we. Could I/they fit one and it be legal? They can't seemingly be bothered to find out and I don't know where to start. Can you fit roofbars? "Probably" was the answer. Probably isn't good enough - I need to know!

Does anyone from Alfa UK read this forum??!
Whilst a third seat belt is not a deal breaker for me it is an important issue for Alfa to get right, as the US version has one then what is the problem. It will definitely be asked at the Millbrook event on the 21st. Perhaps the contributor who has apparently taken delivery of a QV in the U.K. Already has an answer. Another question that will be asked on the 21st will be wtf.....

·
Registered
699 Posts
Whilst a third seat belt is not a deal breaker for me it is an important issue for Alfa to get right, as the US version has one then what is the problem. It will definitely be asked at the Millbrook event on the 21st. Perhaps the contributor who has apparently taken delivery of a QV in the U.K. Already has an answer. Another question that will be asked on the 21st will be wtf.....
It's not like it's a new issue, I asked about it at the Millbrook event on the 21st of September. Then it was definite that it had only 4 seats, but no obvious reason given why not.

As to the 4 adults plus child seat thing, the rigid belt clips plus the narrowing outer seats and the low seat level, certainly make it difficult to use a car seat or high back booster that is secured by the belt. In finding myself leaning in a long way to do the belt up.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Watch these two cheery American chaps and ask yourself what's more important the car, or the dealer?

Alfa UK and their dealers are not particularly expert on the Giulia, I've just accepted that fact and it doesn't bother me. I wish they could answer whether it will have three seat belts in the back, but worst case scenario is you order the US parts and inform the DVLA/insurance.

Who knows they may come with 3 belts anyway. Saquin's car must have been in the original dealer batch for some reason so probably won't help inform us whether the March cars will have 3 or not. They will fix it longer term for sure as they want to sell cars.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Watch these two cheery American chaps and ask yourself what's more important the car, or the dealer?

https://youtu.be/Vpc0FBxh-hc

Alfa UK and their dealers are not particularly expert on the Giulia, I've just accepted that fact and it doesn't bother me. I wish they could answer whether it will have three seat belts in the back, but worst case scenario is you order the US parts and inform the DVLA/insurance.

Who knows they may come with 3 belts anyway. Saquin's car must have been in the original dealer batch for some reason so probably won't help inform us whether the March cars will have 3 or not. They will fix it longer term for sure as they want to sell cars.
Great clip, as you will see from the footage the third belt coming down the drivers side. I will need to carry 5 adults and then I can dispose of my rather large and thirsty Espace for trips to the footy.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I have semi-promised the wife that I'll sort a 5th seat belt out. It can't be beyond someone out there, especially since the parts are available. Hollow promises are the way forward.

·
Registered
39,603 Posts
Call me cynical but If they cannot answer the question it is probably because it is a no...

Sorry to hear about this. It would be such a shame if Alfa didn't sell as many cars as they should do simply because of poor customer service.

The M3 if you did go for it is a great car, but just a bit too much of an obvious choice?

·
Registered
39,122 Posts
Think of it like the Italian restaurant where you start to order something and the waiter has a better idea and you have a great meal. The car was developed by a skunkworks without the normal processes of Fiat/Alfa and this means certain ingredients were not available. You can enjoy it or say it's not like Pizza Express !

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Think of it like the Italian restaurant where you start to order something and the waiter has a better idea and you have a great meal. The car was developed by a skunkworks without the normal processes of Fiat/Alfa and this means certain ingredients were not available. You can enjoy it or say it's not like Pizza Express !
Yes all very well, but if you were allergic to dairy, but they provided something with dairy in it, then that clearly won't work for you. Same if you have a family of 5 (not that uncommon), and might want to go on a family day out in your QV...

You need to make sure that the meal / car fits your basic needs....

Reactions: Top Down

·
Vendor
46,826 Posts
They should be able to answer the question. Someone in the organisation knows the answer why they have 3 rear seatbelts in America and not in the UK. They're either absolutely run-off-their-feet busy and haven't got around to finding out (passing the question back to technical department & waiting for the answer) or the person you are dealing with (or the person they have passed the request to) is not doing their job properly.

That being said, its not difficult at all to fit a 3rd lap belt into pretty much any car which doesn't have one. Fitting a full 3 point seat belt could be tricky but certainly within the realms of possibility. It all depends on how willing you are to modify a brand new car.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

https://youtu.be/Vpc0FBxh-hc

To me spending 60k , the most I would have ever spent means I expect some level of clarity from Alfa Nick. For us the car is the deal breaker. No 3rd belt in the rear is a deal breaker for us. As a family we need it to be a 5 seater.

If it was just me and the mrs, than it would be a whole different ball game.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Call me cynical but If they cannot answer the question it is probably because it is a no...

Sorry to hear about this. It would be such a shame if Alfa didn't sell as many cars as they should do simply because of poor customer service.

The M3 if you did go for it is a great car, but just a bit too much of an obvious choice?

Let me clarify .Was not particulary looking at the M3 and to get one. We were just passing a dealer and had time to kill is how I got talking and asking questions. I have not even had a test drive. What I was just trying to point out was the clarity of information available from the dealer compared to Alfa with the Giulia.

No one from Alfa will confirm whether we get the 3rd seatbelt and if not, what is the reason???

·
Registered
211 Posts
I was in London over the weekend and with an Alfa dealer on the doorstep, I decided to drop by and check out the Giulia. It was a multi-brand dealership with Alfa, Fiat, and Jeep under the same roof. Entering the showroom, there was no Giulia to be seen, a bit strange given it has just been launched. I managed to get hold of someone from sales, and there was a Super diesel model out the back. She grabbed the keys and returned so we went off to have a look. The car was parked between a whole load of other cars, and she opened it up for me to have a sit and a poke around. I'll leave my impressions of the car for another post as this is about the sales experience.

With the car backed up against a fence, I couldn't get a good 360 degrees view of the car. I would have had the car in the middle of the showroom to show off. It was cold and raining, but I gave it a look over in the limited space available. She said something about the car needing some prep before it could be displayed properly. Back in the showroom, I asked about the 280bhp version, and the differences between the Super and base spec. She didn't have any answers. This was the first Super she'd seen but had not familiarised herself with the spec and differences. We looked at the brochure, but no success with my questions. Eventually I got a quote for a lease deal and left.

I persisted because I am an Alfisti (156, 166 x 3, and 159). With such a small number of dealers, why oh why can't Alfa get one of each spec to every dealer. With only three specs available, why can't each sales person have a simple chart to hand detailing the differences. As a sales experience, there was nothing to persuade me to buy this car. I shouldn't have to do the hard work beforehand, the car should be presented properly, when I enter the showroom, the Giulia should be the main attraction. I understand this may be a symptom of a multi-brand dealership, but these account for almost every Alfa dealer. Not every prospective customer enters the showroom having decided to buy a specific car. You have to assume all customers need to be sold the car. We are talking £30k minimum.

The only saving grace was a QV entering the car park as I was leaving. The sound was amazing.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Alfa UK and their dealers are not particularly expert on the Giulia, I've just accepted that fact and it doesn't bother me.
It's their job !! It's the first new car Alfa have launched in 5 years. Seriously, the whole model range is three cars. How many variants for Audi sell ? 20 ? If a sales person cannot answer the question in person, I at least expect a reply within say 24 hours. I cannot see how any expects the original poster to drop £60k on a car without a clear idea of whether it meets his requirements. I have kids. It's an obvious question anyone would ask.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts