Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone been a victim of badge napping? Might be silly question but anyone got a spare boot badge lying around. If not any any ideas how much from Mr Alfa dealer:mad:

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
i got one of evay when this happened to me, was a right pain in the ar5e to fit though....

·
Registered
32,440 Posts
rotten luck mate - try ebay????

·
Registered
25,673 Posts
once you get a new one wire it up to the battery.

:)

·
Registered
443 Posts
i *THINK* it is the same size as the 156 etc. In which case a scrappy / alfa breaker is your best bet.

But a PITA to fit I'm afraid.

If you're in a bodging mood just glue a new badge on and use the buttons to open it (joke!).

·
Registered
19 Posts
Unlucky mate, same things just happened to me, cost me £60 to get a new one from a dealer. I have seen badges on ebay for about £10 (don't know about different sizes) but seeing as the whole lock needs to be replaced (unless as suggested above you fancy glueing one on) I think you might have to bite the bullet and give your local dealer some much undeserved business like I did.

I wouldn't be surprised if most of the badges on ebay have all been swiped by the same ******* little ***** anyway.

·
Registered
1,854 Posts
Was the badge you picked up specific to hundredandsistysix or did you have to check the size?:(
the size is the same as far as i know, and also a pre 2002 156 rear boot badge shoudl do it too, just make sure it has the bit on the back to swivell round....

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
Does the badge move, or is it stationary. When I lived in Liverpool both my boot and grill badges were nicked from my 33, they cost about £15 each to replace.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does the badge move, or is it stationary. When I lived in Liverpool both my boot and grill badges were nicked from my 33, they cost about £15 each to replace.
Badge rests on a metal plate cover which covers the key lock. Swivels to the right to show the lock and back to cover it. I managed to maintain a spring which appears to be part of the mechanism. I thought the days of the VW Beastie boys badge nappers had gone. Suppose people wouldn't pull them off Fords and Audi etc.(would they??) Maybe they stick them on there wall and hope to grow up to be an Alfa owner one day:lol:

·
Registered
693 Posts
I don't think that you need to change the whole lock. I am pretty sure that the new badge can be fitted onto the old lock - probably not a simple job though - involving circlips and springs shooting out everywhere.

I am sure that I read this somewhere - either on this forum or in an AROC magazine.

Anyway, good luck and I can sympathise with you. I was furious when some chavvy b*stard nicked the badge off my Lancia. Fortuntatley no locks involved, but I superglued the replacement on so well, that it will NEVER come off

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
At least they have taste!

Hope you get it sorted at a reasonable price.

Cheers
Dougie

1 - 16 of 16 Posts