Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Spider 3.0 V6 24v Lightning Blu
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was driving to work this morning on Rivonia Rd and just before the Mercedes-Benz garage in Sandton there was a brand new silver C-Class with the bonnet up and the engine on fire. When I say on fire it was in flames not just smoking or smouldering. I felt quite bad for the owner because he all he could do was stand and watch.

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
So I was driving to work this morning on Rivonia Rd and just before the Mercedes-Benz garage in Sandton there was a brand new silver C-Class with the bonnet up and the engine on fire. When I say on fire it was in flames not just smoking or smouldering. I felt quite bad for the owner because he all he could do was stand and watch.
Shame man. But more positively, he will most probably have insurance to cover the car and this will only be a minor inconvenience. maybe now he can actually order the colour that he really wanted or get one with a sunroof fitted. I always just hope that in such situations that at least your most prized personal belongings were salvaged from the car in time. The car is nothing. Your life, your wallet that your wife gave you for your 40th birthday or your sunglasses that your daughter bought you to make you look cool in your new car will be worth more in the long run because on average the car will be replaced in 5 years but those small items will be priceless forever.

·
Registered
2003 Spider 3.0 V6 24v Lightning Blu
2,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Agreed Ian :thumbup: The owner didn't look frantic at all so I assume he'd resigned himself to the fact that it was going to burn out and got his stuff out. I mainly thought it was ironic that it was going up in flames less than 300 metres from one of MB's flagship dealerships.

That being said if my 916 caught fire i WOULD be frantic!

·
Registered
10,929 Posts
Agreed Ian :thumbup: The owner didn't look frantic at all so I assume he'd resigned himself to the fact that it was going to burn out and got his stuff out. I mainly thought it was ironic that it was going up in flames less than 300 metres from one of MB's flagship dealerships.

That being said if my 916 caught fire i WOULD be frantic!
That's another story... :depressed:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
On the other hand, if that is the C63S, I will feel sorry for him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts