Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a brand new set of adjustable coilovers to fit an Alfa Brera 2.4 (they may fit other models as well but can't guarantee).

They're brand new ST coilovers and never been fitted to the car due to a change of plans, so just looking to get a bit of money back and hopefully they'll go to someone that will get some use out of them.

If anyone is interested in buying them then send me a message and we can do a deal, my mobile number is 07578983733

Attachments

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
It might be worth mentioning (unless I'm mistaken) that ST are basically KW coil overs, but the damper bodies are galvanised as oppose to stainless. All the other parts look the same as mine, just different colours. Assuming the damping/spring rates are the same as KW, these could be a good buy for someone, because i put my fronts on last weekend and they are absolutely superb.

The rear springs would be a bit different for say a sport wagon, but these are available from KW fro not much cash and you might get away with the Brera spec ones anyway. I've spoken to KW about this in this past.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Anybody know how the rear strut assembles on this setup? I have the top mount off the old shock. The new setup comes with a perch to fit between the spring and the topmount...it doesnt seem to fit very well. Has anyone who has done this explain how it fits? thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Well ive fitted them with the top perch sandwiched in between, which is the only way it looks like it can be fitted....

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
You need to pull/prise the rubber insert out of the top mount and then the ST black plastcic ring sits inside the OEM top mount. That's how th KW instructions are anyway and these are the same.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Should look like in the photo below. What you'll have is perhaps an unstable platform and you'll certainly have changed how much you can lower the coilover.

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks Alcooker!! unfortunately i didnt get any instructions with the kit i bought above....i did try and pull it apart but didnt have much joy...pics are a thousand words...good thing is the rears can be out in 5 mins thank god!!

Sorry guys i bought the above kit so its no longer available..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts