Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local motor factor is clueless. Does anyone have Ferodo, Apec, etc, part numbers for 2.0 16v front pads with Lucas callipers? I think they're Ferodo pattern 565 but would appreciate if this could be confirmed.

Also, Apecs website lists 2 different 284mm front discs. Apec seem to think theres a difference in height where everyone else doesn't. Is this height difference something to do with the spacer that may or may not be fitted?

http://www.apec-braking.co.uk/fmodel_list.asp?range=Alfa+155&manufacturer=ALFA+ROMEO

Basically, if I order V6 front discs from the motor factors, will they fit my 16v?

Better still, can anyone recommend a supplier who will get it right?

I think I'm right in saying that all 155's use Punto 55 front discs on the rear with Punto 55 front pads?

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Every other place has one height of 44mm (or 43.5).
Apec list the same front pads for the 8v and 16v. This is wrong, they are different.

Try www.needforspeed.co.uk for information.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Go to ferrodo website ( co.uk ) and contact circuit supplies and plus you can get the part numbers you require for the pads online .4cylinder and 6 cylinder brake disc's are the same and i believe the rear disc's are used on a number of other italien cars .

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't know if this will help.
I had hassles getting the correct parts when i tried to order Lockheed front discs and pads for my 2L 16V. The correct parts turned out to be listed as for 145 2L 16V.
Heres the part numbers if you're looking for Lockheed parts (my bruv jase77 might have the correct discs numbers - my discs were missing the box...):-

155 front brake discs & pads.

WRONG (listed for 155 2L 16v TS):

Discs = Delphi Lockheed BG2407.
Pads set = Delphi Lockheed LP1587 (hooked ends).

CORRECT (listed for 145 2L 16v TS):

Discs = Delphi Lockheed BG?
Pads set = Delphi Lockheed LP0875.

Honkytonk.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My front pads on my '97 155 are the same as the GTV.
I to had problems getting them. :rolleyes:

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Although i did get standard cheapo job's from my local motr factors no problem before getting the Lockheed's...
Seems to be a common problem.

Its your own fault for getting a rare peice of motoring italian stallion :D

Honkytonk.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Honkytonk said:
Although i did get standard cheapo job's from my local motr factors no problem before getting the Lockheed's...
Seems to be a common problem.

Its your own fault for getting a rare peice of motoring italian stallion :D

Honkytonk.
Italian Stallion!! lol luv it!!!! :D

J

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Maybe but I love my 155.

Eventually bought fast road pads and drilled & grooved discs from EB Spares in Wiltshire.

The pads are the same pattern as the ones specified for the 155 V6 (Lucas calliper). EB Spares supplied V6 discs as neither of us knew which were the type fitted out of the two 284mm disc types they had in stock. As it turned out, the discs were the incorrect offset for the 16v.

I phoned EB Spares the next day and they said no problem, we'll send the correct discs out and I was to give the courier the V6 ones to return.

Top service from these lads and very quick delivery time (less than 12 hours) so a definite recommendation from me. Will definitely be ordering from them again.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Honkytonk said:
Don't know if this will help.
I had hassles getting the correct parts when i tried to order Lockheed front discs and pads for my 2L 16V. The correct parts turned out to be listed as for 145 2L 16V.
Not on my car they're not or the 16v my brother just sold. I have a set of these thinking they were the same and they're nowhere near. They go under Ferodo pattern no. 1052.

As far as I can see, some 16v's are fitted with Lucas callipers and some use ATE callipers. According to EB Spares, mine should have been fitted with the ATE callipers but actually has Lucas ones.

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I had exactly the same problem as Honkytonk when getting Lockheed discs & pads.

I was given BG2407 discs but they had the wrong offset. In the end it was the ones listed for the 145 I needed which were BG2617 (they actually said Tipo2.0 16v on the box)
The pads were LP1536 although I was offered 5 different ones, of which 2 were for the smaller disc, 1 was a completely different shape. This left 2 which appeared the same but were of different thickness. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Try Alfashop 01603 426277 in Norwich. They do mail order and know what they are talking about, my car also has the Lucas front calipers and they sorted me with the correct pads.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah that Kevin at EB seems a top bloke. When I was looking for new front friction he offered me CAR drilled and slotted discs, plus superalfa pads. I ended up getting Brembo slotted discs and Mintex 1166 pads, but that's only cos I could by them locally and save myself £50 postage from the UK!
Hmm, just realised this isn't relevant, so I'll go now... :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts