Alfa Romeo Forum banner

Brakes

1248 Views 15 Replies 12 Participants Last post by  PaulR
Need new discs and pads.
Is it worth upgrading (if so to what) as standard dont seem very powerful.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
111 Posts
Hi mate

I recently did the brakes on my spider and kept them original due to the price.

Was really supprised the low price Gavin did them for at WesternEdinburgh (Main Dealer Member here)

I used the classic line parts which have done the job nicely

· Registered
922 Posts
I fitted MTec drilled & groved all round Alfa Romeo GTV 3.0 V6 04/98-05/03 front and rear brake discs with mintex pads [17522] - £212.66 : MTEC Brakes, Performance Brake Discs, Sport Brake Discs . I went for the powder coated silver option with standard Mintex pads (for now). Cost me £230 fitted myself. Braking was greatly improved over standard, but I also changed the brake fluid (or black gunge that passed for it) at the same time, so could be a combination.

I forgot to say, they look the dogs danglies :thumbs:

· Registered
1,155 Posts
Which braided hoses do you guys recommend? I am thinking of getting a set. Would I need to buy 2 pairs? How much would it cost to have it fitted?
I supply and fit them from a company called exact.

You have probably never heard of them as most if there lines get rebranded in other company names which you will if heard of .

Come in either front or rear sets or car sets I can do any combination

· Administrator
23,112 Posts
I have the standard set up on the 2.0 GTV which I don't drive so much these days. I mainly drive the 3.0 Spider.

When I do get back in the GTV I almost have a coronary the first time I brake in earnest - they are so crap in comparison to the Spider. When I drove it everyday I didn't think and just drove it knowing it's limits. So all I would say is that whilst I personally don't know how to improve the standard 2.0 brakes I'd recommend that you do.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.