Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi all please help. still new to this brand.

the question is on the 2.4 jtdm is it normal for the brake pedal to travel half way before you feel resistance on it. even my pug 406 estate had sharper brakes than this and it is worrying me. the dealer says was serviced just before i bought it. so n theory the brakes should have been checked.

thanks in advance.

rbramm
:confused:

·
Vendor
46,124 Posts
They need bleeding properly, the front Brembos are notoriously difficult to get all the air out of, you just need to keep at it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
the front Brembos are notoriously difficult to get all the air out of
x2 for that... I had 1 service at a Stealer in my 2.4 SW, it was there overnight (due to 'problem with the brakes'), and after picking it up it went straight back again as I classed the brakes as 'frickin dangerous'. When I first got the car they were pretty sharp, so a problem introduced by the service:mad:

(Now got EBC turbo grooved all around, with redstuff pads :cool: stops pretty effing sharpish now... only just bedded in, so nothing mad but there's a world of difference)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just had the fronts serviced @ 166.00 incl vat. they were part seized apparently. should this not have been picked up when the car was supposedly serviced by the dealer who sold me the car. not happy only had car 7 weeks.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
only way you can trust a service is by doing it your self these days.
they probably never even checked your brakes on the service
just ticked the box on the form and the went for a coffee brake.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
how do you bleed your brakes on the Brera then? Done it on my bike, on aeroplanes and on my old Fiat, but never done it on the Bella, and since I decided I'll do the brakes myself, I will definitely need some directions on this :)

·
Vendor
46,124 Posts
Those Brembos on the front of the 159/Brera are an absolute mission to bleed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts