Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hi have just replaced engine on 156 2.4 jtd also when getting engine out brake pipe burst on o/s/f were they rot since replacing i cant get brakes to bleed up no resistane at all on that side any ideas would be much appriciated thanks :mad:

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
1st person open & close nipple

2nd person press the brake pedal while person one open & close nipple

if not fluid comes out check the reservoir for fluid & check that the pipe ain't kinked or blocked.... perhaps the bleed nippe is blocke dor not bene opened enough

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tried bleeding no luck bleed niple fully open do you have to have engine runing or anything different you have to do thanks

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
engine off.

if you leave the nipple open fluid should weep out

sound slike when the rubber pipe was damaged ??? .... perhaps the metal piping got damage too.

there is either dirt or a kink in the pipework *somewhere* or else ther eis no fluid in the reservoir.... which i assume you have already checked?

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
& you have repllaced that metal pipe?

how is the rubber pipe?

if you open the join of the metal/rubber pipe see if fluid will come out..... if not the metla pipe is blocked or else you have a master/abs system problem

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
is it raining where you are?

its lovely & sunny here in S.E. Ireland :)

·
Registered
4,646 Posts
i'm sure Smaky is near by you, he might be able to advise you too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts