Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, tonight an amber warning light came on as I parked. It doesn't look exactly like any in the manual but is closest to the Brake Pad Warning light. I turned the engine off and back on a couple times, drove the car a short distance and stopped but the light didn't come on again.

Brake pads worn at just 3800miles???

Any ideas?

·
Registered
319 Posts
i had a sililar problem on mine. new pads fitted on the front on my 159. The low pad sensors are only fitted to the front so i was suprised when 500 miles later the brake warning light triggered again. The following day it was off and then came on again a day later. i took it back to the garage and when they put it up on the ramp the sensor cable had chaffed against the inside of the alloy wheel which was then triggering the low pad warning.
on mine its a light grey single wire cable that drops out of the engine bay inside a black cable tidy tube. routed round the front strut and down to the brake pad. you have to get under the car to see it properly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i had a sililar problem on mine. new pads fitted on the front on my 159. The low pad sensors are only fitted to the front so i was suprised when 500 miles later the brake warning light triggered again. The following day it was off and then came on again a day later. i took it back to the garage and when they put it up on the ramp the sensor cable had chaffed against the inside of the alloy wheel which was then triggering the low pad warning.
on mine its a light grey single wire cable that drops out of the engine bay inside a black cable tidy tube. routed round the front strut and down to the brake pad. you have to get under the car to see it properly.
I had this exact same thing on my 08 plate 159 after getting the front discs / pads replaced. Cable was on the n/s front wheel - its supposed to get clipped back into a holder which keeps it away from the wheel. This wasn't done which caused the cable to rub against the wheel and eventually trigger the warning light. Some new cable wrap sorted it!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts