Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

As you may or may not know, Formulafriction are the importers of EBC as well as a few other products. The guy there to speak to is Francois and his no is 011 452 5692. Much better product IMO then power brake and far cheaper too. Imported from UK in 5 days if no stock is available.

Welcome to Formulafriction

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Hi All

As you may or may not know, Formulafriction are the importers of EBC as well as a few other products. The guy there to speak to is Francois and his no is 011 452 5692. Much better product IMO then power brake and far cheaper too. Imported from UK in 5 days if no stock is available.

Welcome to Formulafriction
Agreed, I bought EBC Yellowstuff from them - good service :thumbs: from Formulafriction and the brakes themselves :p

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
How much for GTi pads I can't call him now in meetings lol

·
Registered
861 Posts
Just a question, what diameter is the front discs of a 146 2.0 Twin Spark?
I am going to need new front discs very soon.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Just a question, what diameter is the front discs of a 146 2.0 Twin Spark?
I am going to need new front discs very soon.
For Discs EBC is an option and so is Powerbrakes

Same size as the 145 / 147 /156 only 4 studs like 145 and not 5 studs like the 147 / 156.
The front pads are the same for all of them - the rears differ slightly - you can make the 146 pad fit in a 156 :rolleyes: not sure the other way around - see picture yellow for 145/146 black for 147/156.

Front Brakes 284mm vented discs
Rear Brakes 251mm solid discs

·
Registered
7,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
to give you an idea. Pro rotor (which is their top disk) for VR6 (288mm disk) was 2500 for the set

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
D2 racing coil-overs are on order... :thumbs: Should be 2 weeks he said... :( well not really that bad IMO

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I see you and I rasie you: Double or nothing: ? ?

I have been wanting new shock for a while now and Eibach is cheesing me off (and not one of those cute cheese smilies) with their postponement in manufacturing ARB for the 156 - So I chatted to Cuzz on whether the D2's will be be too rough and I have decided they have done their R&D and I will go with the package they suggest - I might regret it and then get lower rate springs- but what is that magic number? I don't use my car every day...

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Gertie;45883240 The front pads are the same for all of them - the rears differ slightly - you can make the 146 pad fit in a 156 :rolleyes: not sure the other way around - see picture yellow for 145/146 black for 147/156. Front Brakes 284mm vented discs Rear Brakes 251mm solid discs[/QUOTE said:
I disagree, the front discs are the same, but there are 3 different calipers, with 3 different pads used on the 145/146/155

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I disagree, the front discs are the same, but there are 3 different calipers, with 3 different pads used on the 145/146/155
I compared 145/146 to 147/156
I'll accept the 155 might be different to the 145/146 no problem (some ARE the same):
SuperSearch Car, Motorcycle, Mountain Bike and Kart parts

The 145 and 146 is built on the same underpinnings.

After I let go of my 146, I got a 156 - It has the same front pads as the 146. The rears as said are slightly different - I had the 146 pads in my 156 for a while until my new pads arrived and it worked okish enough. I had a set of front pads still from my 146 that I put in a friend's 147 and I put my 156 rear pads in the rears of his 147.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Very nice Gertie. :thumbs: You are gonna fly around the Z now!
I had a look at the D2 website and their prices are very good for coilovers.
Yeah - you'd be hard pressed to get a decent spring / shock combo for less... (i.e. Eibach / Koni - let alone bilstein).
I felt much more comfortable around Z - just having fun - I think I still have a second to spare - turn 4 and 8 can be done a bit quicker. I started off soft front and 1/2 way at the back then added 1/3 way up front - even better - so I'll still play with the settings. The ride height is set a wee bit lower than normal, but not much - just right in my opinion.

See my write-up of the Z-day: http://www.alfaowner.com/Forum/south-africa/321509-got-balls-racing.html#post4621354

·
Registered
13,815 Posts
Gertie my man...I'm looking at a 156 SW facelift for my wife, she saw it and loved it...i'm very serious with this one seeing as all my other deals don't go through...

I'll need the following info....

who did your exhaust and how much?
how much was the D2 coilies and how comfy are they? Can they be set stiff or soft? How low can they go?
Please let me know...or, rather talk to me a bout it when I have the car...I'm sick of getting excited about cars and then making all sorts of plans and then they don't pan out in the end...

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
D2 coilies - how comfy are they? Can they be set stiff or soft? How low can they go?
You can drop the D2's to 100mm - and that not influencing the travel of the shock - OK you tires will scrape by then - so that will be your limiting factor.

The D2's ride is definitely not OEM anymore, with the 1/2 firm at the rear it bumps a bit coming over speed bumps - so I'll bring it down to 1/3 for normal use. Well that is the sacrifice you'll have to make - comfort vs response.

I must say the body roll is so much less - I received some complements that the car looks so stable with the back seemingly stepping ever so slightly through the corners.

I for one am :inlove:

On the rest - I PM'ed you

1 - 20 of 20 Posts