Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i looked at an apparently very well looked after 145 Cloverleaf today but the brakes seemed non-exsistent and there was a lot of play in the steering.

The throttle response was not what i'd expect from the 2 litre also but never driven one before so not sure what i should be judging the above against.

Does anyone have any thoughts based on ownership please?

Thanks

Chris

·
Registered
6,727 Posts
There shouldn't be any play in the steering. As for the brakes, I never had any problems with my 145 - they were good enough to have the ABS kick in at 60 mph when somebody pulled out of a side road in front of me! Pedal pressures are fairly high compared with some cars - they are not "over-servoed".

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK thanks for the info Dave.

Think i need to test a couple more to get a feel for how they should be. I wanted to love the car but my 1.4 hyundi hire car car was literally more responsive - that can't be right based on what you hear about how 145 QVs are to drive..

Are any 145 experts based kent /surrey available to give a second opinion if i make it worth their while?

Also cambelt was approx 20k miles ago but 2007 - that probably needs doing imminently doesn't it?

·
Premium Member
2,638 Posts
Hi i looked at an apparently very well looked after 145 Cloverleaf today but the brakes seemed non-exsistent and there was a lot of play in the steering.

The throttle response was not what i'd expect from the 2 litre also but never driven one before so not sure what i should be judging the above against.

Does anyone have any thoughts based on ownership please?

Thanks

Chris
Is it a private sale?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts