Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is has been done to death, but I just want to make sure I'm not going to order the wrong bit's. Following on from mudan's post about his brake upgrade I've decided to go for EB Spares' 305's (drilled and grooved), I know they're not Brembo's but not sure how much of a difference that can make. They list them at £128 compared to Alternative Autos quoting me £170 for Brembos drilled.

I managed to find DS 2500 pads (FCH1348H) at Camskill, they are for upgrading Mitsu FTO's to Seat Leon and are 110x69x14 and £108 delivered. Can anyone see any problems with these or know where I can get them cheaper? Ta.

I'm not sure what I currently have fitted or even had a good look at the wear, but I am getting a horrible wheel wobble braking around 70-50 so it's time for a change I think.

·
Registered
30,019 Posts
GTA 305mm use FCP721H, not FCP1348H

I've just changed the 305 discs on mine. I went for the low cost option (an option needed quite a lot at the moment!!) and went for plain discs from www.buypartsby.com @ about £35 each.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok so that number is wrong, wonder which ones mudan managed to get from Camskill then? I'm thinking of just getting the plain discs too as I can't really see much of performance benefit from drilled/grooved for road use. They do look better though.

Just looked at buypartsbuy, the 330's are £43 and the 305's are £52?? :confused:

·
Registered
30,019 Posts
305x28 discs p/n SG3549 £33.39 + VAT = £38.40

Not sure which ones you are looking at!

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
Ok so that number is wrong, wonder which ones mudan managed to get from Camskill then?
The FCP1348 are the 15mm thick ones and the FCP721 are the 17.3mm thick ones, GTA's use the thicker ones

·
Registered
8,063 Posts
On the left side you need to choose the "brake parts" and not the "brake discs" :p

yeah its not particularly obvious

1 - 7 of 7 Posts