Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If i in some moment of madness, got a brake upgrade kit, say the ones brembo offers...do i also need to upgrade the servo or brake master cylinder? can the original items handle much bigger calipers?

·
Registered
30,297 Posts
What calipers do you have now?

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just have the standard calipers , but been having a brake issue. When carrying some speed, braking quickly was like stamping on a brick, there was no assistance.... took the car intot he garage and he found some peices of a rubber/plastic seal in the air supply to the servo.

It now has more assistance in the brakes, but not utterly happy, could do with more oomph to match the engine. The steering also become much more responsive and speed sensative after the seals were removed.

So thought next move MIGHT be a caliper change ...

·
Registered
556 Posts
The gt kit that brembo do comes with everything you need and you dont have to change anything else. Myself im going for the tarox six pot version not much more than the brembos 4 pot but look a lot nicer and cos they are anodised keep their good looks a lot lot longer

·
Registered
556 Posts
yeah i will do no probs just savin up at the moment may take a bit of time but im defo goin for the tarox six pot - some places sell them in different anodised colours at a different price - look very nice - the brembo ones will chip a lot easier and look a lot older quicker i reckon

·
Registered
556 Posts
front set for the larger 318mm discs are £1400 - rear set 4 pot £600 Pretty expensive I know but im hopin the performance and defo the looks will make it worth it :)

·
Registered
556 Posts
2 grand on brakes:wow:

Blimey I hope its worth it;)
Its all about wot you want to do with your car - i want to keep my car for a very long time until its a classic. Improving the brakes will be a permanant thing that wont need changing again and will look awesome. I dont go on holiday that much or buy many other things but enjoy spending money on my car making it as good as i can, thats wot i work for :)

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Its all about wot you want to do with your car - i want to keep my car for a very long time until its a classic. Improving the brakes will be a permanant thing that wont need changing again and will look awesome. I dont go on holiday that much or buy many other things but enjoy spending money on my car making it as good as i can, thats wot i work for :)
Fair play:thumbs: Ever thought about fitting NOS? I have been thinking about doing this instead of supercharging, seems to be a much cheaper option.It'll give your new brakes something to do aswell:)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Hi Alfie - Im goin to do everything else first before the engine - after the breaks is a retrim - armrests on the door in leather - steering wheel retrimmed with a slice of red and all the roof done in alcanterra. Then i think there is no option but the get the autodelta turbo fitted. This should hopefully make the brakes worth their money :) It will probably be a few years off now but thats defo my intention. I really want to retrim the roof lining tho cos i want to get rid of the grab handles i think it would look neater and smoother without them. You think of goin the nos route then - i bet that gives it some kick :)

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
id like the supercharger route, i think it would suit the V6 better, but i dont think they make it for my 1997/8 V6 from what i can tell :(

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
although the 3 silencers are a bit of an overkill i think! would like a nice burble at low throttle, it sounds great giving it beans mind you!

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Hi Alfie - Im goin to do everything else first before the engine - after the breaks is a retrim - armrests on the door in leather - steering wheel retrimmed with a slice of red and all the roof done in alcanterra. Then i think there is no option but the get the autodelta turbo fitted. This should hopefully make the brakes worth their money :) It will probably be a few years off now but thats defo my intention. I really want to retrim the roof lining tho cos i want to get rid of the grab handles i think it would look neater and smoother without them. You think of goin the nos route then - i bet that gives it some kick :)
I'd like to supercharge it:cool: But at around £5,000 i'll find it hard to convince the wife:( Would also like to fit some kick ass calipers whopping big drilled discs and sit her right down low:) But all that would cost about the price of a Lotus Exige that has it all already.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts