Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gents, besides warped disc, what else could cause brake shudder?
I have some serious shudder, but only sometimes, I'm inclined to point at the master cylinder. Could that cause a pulsating? Like ABS almost...

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
On our volvo we got brake shudder due to the worn out lower control arm bushes

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
And please, don't skim them.

I'm not sure what size discs you have, but unless they are 330mm or 305mm they shouldnt be expensive.

Autozone priced me R305 per disc for the 284mm on the front of a 156. And its normally about R150 to skim so pointless and the shudder often comes back with a vengance not long after skimming.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Autozone don't stock 116 breaks, lol!
But I found out the problem, something that lance said the brembo guys get. My rears got warped after I drove it hard and parked it with the handbrake up, spoke to Gorgio and a few other 116 guys and they all said I should't use it after some spirited driving. So I've sorted it it out with some breaking from a high speed 120kph,cause that is legal speed :rolleyes: then driving without touching the pedal and parking it WITHOUT the handbrake....
And all this cause I decided to fix my cable, lol!

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
But I found out the problem, something that lance said the brembo guys get. My rears got warped after I drove it hard and parked it with the handbrake up, spoke to Gorgio and a few other 116 guys and they all said I should't use it after some spirited driving. So I've sorted it it out with some breaking from a high speed 120kph,cause that is legal speed :rolleyes: then driving without touching the pedal and parking it WITHOUT the handbrake....
oh right thought you had a 916. hahaha

·
Registered
6,004 Posts
Ah cool, so it was mainly Brake etching - brake pad material depositing onto a hot brake disk - so a decent brake bed-in sequence solved it...

See avatar, I have the sexy GTV :p

*runs and hides from Ian and TN*
*and JayZee and Stefaans and Unskinny and Avi*
You better run hard and hide well

·
Registered
655 Posts
My brake shudder on gta SW was worn right inner cv . Shudder was only under braking from 120 km/h . At low speed their was nothing . Replaced cv and problem solved .

·
Registered
655 Posts
Yeah start with obvious , from tyres , to wheel being centre on hub , swop wheels front rear , bearings , loose caliper ,

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
sooo, the judder came back and the culprit was found.
In line one way valve by the booster is kaput...
where can I get another? Spare shops don't seem to have stock for ANY cars, I just need any in line one way valve please guys...

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
look for a hydraulics supplier. those okes are jacked up normally.

Does it go into rubber hose with a swage nipple and a clamp?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts