Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm experiencing a shudder through my brakes when in Sport mode, the car stops fine but it's quite concerning, especially if on bendy roads. I've had the car a few days, only done 39k miles, fully maintained, immaculate condition, new front pads fitted a few months ago, the rears need done. it's fitted with a few extras, one being the 18" large pepprpot wheels and brembo brakes. Any ideas welcomed.

·
Registered
38,706 Posts
Also were the discs changed along with the pads?

These days due to asbestos free brake pads the discs wear out nearly as fast as the pads.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Only in dynamic?

what brakes you got, brembo or regular?

which pads got fitted?

shuddering through the steering wheel, or through the seat?
It's coming through the brake pedal, new pads were fitted by the previous owner last july, the rear ones I'm getting done on Monday. It's worse at speed, barely noticable through town. It's done only 9k miles since fronts were changed.

·
Registered
38,706 Posts
Sounds like you have pad material which has transferred to the discs, this will give the impression that the brake discs are warped.

You can eaither get the discs skimmed, but if they are thin already it will better to get them replaced.

Cheap pads, or giving the car stick and then sitting on the brakes whilst the discs are still hot can cause it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for feedback, it's as i thought, warped front disc. The car's fitted with Brembo's, so I've replaced the discs and pads, all vibration now gone, only problem was that the disc was bigger than that specified, took an extra day to get the correct size.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts