Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there has been a few posts about brake pads, but heres another........
tonight I replaced the front pads (Ferrodo) with Halfords own make. The difference is remarkable. The new pads have groove down the middle, whereas the Ferrodo pads (half worn) are flat. The pedal is firmer and the brakes apply as soon as you touch the pedal. With the old pads, the pedal moved a bit before I felt any bite. There is less brake fade too.
Just thought I'd post as there has been a lot of questions about which pads are good/bad.

I like these Halfords thingys !!!

Marlon

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've had Halfords pads and didnt think much to them, they smelt like rotting cabbages when hot and faded quite badly. Hope you find them better!!! wink

wrinx

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i remember reading your post that said that. I've found the complete opposite !!!
I've used Halfords pads before and thought they were OK, but with this car they are great. Maybe they've changed the recipe 'cos the the Ferrodo pads that were on were rubbish.........brake fade, slow stopping etc. I even managed to test the ABS with the new pads. I couldn't lock the wheels up with the old ones even when it was wet and you jumped on the pedal. I needed to know the ABS worked for peace of mind.....you understand, right ???? Maybe they were faulty ???

Marlon

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Who makes the OE pads for Alfa, anybody know?

Jacques

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dunno but they must be gold plated for what Alfa charge!!!

I would guess Ferodo as they seem to be the main players???

wrinx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts