Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi any one around lancashire got a spare set of reare brake pads (alfa 156 1.8ts 2002)
the small ones without the spring built in can't seem to get them anywhere off the shelf? thanx nigel

·
Registered
186 Posts
the pads i think your looking for are in the attachment,

mintex MDB2051
apec PAD1209
bosch BP302

you can get them from most places online or at a local motor factor

try bypartsbuy

Attachments

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Try buypartsby.co.uk ... usually supply Mintex pads and possibly cheaper than ECP (although 25% off might make a difference)

Or try carparts4less.co.uk ... part no 101580191

Now I've used buypartsby a lot, but not cheapparts4less yet. But what is odd, it the latters looks just like ECP ... but lower prices! :)

D

·
0 Posts
I agree Gazza Buyparts are very good, the only problem with them is for single items like a set of brake pads the delivery is a killer. In this case £24.43 delivered.

The cheapcar link is an interesting one though. It does look like ecp indeed but prices are lower even with ecp 25% discount

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yep they all seem to be around the £20 mark,i guess none are open today? i was going to sort them today,i took the old out yesterday ,the piston twist and push thing is a bit tricky,i used a pair of long nose pliers and a bit of muscle

·
Registered
30,079 Posts
...i took the old out yesterday ,the piston twist and push thing is a bit tricky,i used a pair of long nose pliers and a bit of muscle
A proper rewind tool makes the job VERY simple.

Have to say though, removing the old pads before you had a new set to refit wasn't great planning!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A proper rewind tool makes the job VERY simple.

Have to say though, removing the old pads before you had a new set to refit wasn't great planning!!
do you know what the worst bit is? the rain ****ing down the back of my neck, the reason i took them off is that i went to the motor factors on sat morning gave them my reg and never checked the pads in the box,ah well sunday sat by the tv i guess or i might even put the xmas tree up ohhhhhh joy

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah what a bunch of numpties, sorry halfords but you really need to get someone who can at least speak properly(well i really mean someone who can actually speak) i must be getting old

·
Registered
5,266 Posts
Top tip - whenever i jack a car up to take a wheel off i put the wheel on the road under the car, then if the car falls off the jack its hopefully going to limit the damage to the underside of the car. Even if i have axle stands under there I still do it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
yes your right,,i am a naughty boy,always put your wheel under the car when its on the jack good top tip,,i should have spotted all the spare alfa alloys behind me in my garage

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts