Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3.0 GTV, I have renewed and flushed the fluid, i have braided lines all around............. so i think the braking hardware is all sorted

i have had Mintex pads in for 4 years now, Dont do enough miles to "wear them out" but its just not a confidence inspiring braking experience, its a wooden feel to the pedal, there is no serious stopping power when you press harder,

I am after recommendations on pads where you have gone from my experience of these brakes to having a "WOW" moment after you changed pads, having a night and day experience where your brakes went from poor to great

what pads are you using

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Ferodo premier is the way my friend!

They only need a couple of light presses to get warm and then " life gets beautiful"!

Very good vfm (got them 90 euros) for the given result.

Next time i will try ferodo ds2500 to see if they worth the difference for daily drive.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
reading a previous Thread..........................anyone used PAGID ???

thank you for your recomendations

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I've had mintex on my TS now for a couple of years and they do seem a bit wooden and font seem to wear down much. Today I ordered a set of Ferodo pads, not the DS series just the standard ones. They were only £20 so worth a try. Will report back.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ds 2500 for me, not much initial bite when cold, but once up and running they have plenty of power and feel, also produce a lot of dust so buy some wheel cleaner as well
Oh and the bedding in procedure needs a clear road !!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ferodo DS Performance are a good cost/quality compromise. DS721 front and DS1113 rear. Very good bite and a much less wooden feel at the pedal. Try Amazon for the best deals.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
OT ,but i just had to change the rear disks and pads on my Mitsi Shogun Sport and was taken aback to see it had ds2500 pads on it - not exactly what you'd call a performance car :)
To be fair,its done 110k,i've done 80k of those - so theres a good chance they've been on from new :yikes: ,as i 've never changed them before.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
turning out to be a bit of a minefield as most brake manufacturers have more than 1 range of pad per care derivative, Cant quite justify the DS2500 range for a set of pads i am sure there is something out there 80% as good and half there price

the search continues

·
Registered
30,221 Posts
turning out to be a bit of a minefield as most brake manufacturers have more than 1 range of pad per care derivative, Cant quite justify the DS2500 range for a set of pads i am sure there is something out there 80% as good and half there price.
For a GOOD performance pad, the DS2500 are nowhere near the top of the price range. It is easy to spend more.

But yes, people need to be clearer when the recommend a pad, just saying "Mintex", "Pagid", "Ferodo", etc is no help to anyone as they all make at least one std road pad plus several performance/race compounds.

For Ferodo, the next step down from DS2500 is DS-Performance (used to be called DS2000).

Carbone Lorraine RC5+ is another option (similar level to the DS2500)

·
Registered
248 Posts
But yes, people need to be clearer when the recommend a pad, just saying "Mintex", "Pagid", "Ferodo", etc is no help to anyone as they all make at least one std road pad plus several performance/race compounds.
As for my post above I'm referring to Pagid's OE range (T5119) for V6 305mm disk.
I believe Pagid have a range of brake pads for racing PagidRS. Are they any good for road use?

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Updated !!!!

had performance friction on the front..................... highly recommended by Autolusso
and i had Borg and Beck on rear, Just because i know they do quality clutches.

all fitted and new brake fluid, i can honestly say i have brake feel and i have braking modulation now................. previously it was wooden and dead with no feel or feedback, cold performance is very good also i certainly have the best brakes in 5 yrs of 916 ownership, Cant give a comparison between Red stuff and DS2500 as i never had them but these are highly recommended, I am mighty impressed

Reactions: cgc
1 - 14 of 14 Posts