1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
649 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
139 Posts
Am looking for the same part/s for mine, so will be looking at all the threads for the time being. Make an informed decision and of course report back on the findings.

I have been looking at the Ferodo DS2500, Green stuff or Red Dot racing for the pads (the latter I had on my TS), some Braided Hoses, and new brake fluid.

·
Registered
30,018 Posts
DS2500 are great pads, they are easy on the discs too.

You obviously need to pay for good pads...

·
Registered
210 Posts
i was thinking of trying the black diamond performance pads when mine need replacing ,when ive googled them they seem to get good reviews and a lot cheaper than the ferrodo pads

·
Registered
30,018 Posts
You need to remember, that for a good performance pad, the DS2500 are NOT expensive.
Obviously if you are comparing with a £20 std pad then yes they are a lot more, but compared to other GOOD performance pads, they are not expensive at all.

But if all you want is a low price tag...... look elsewhere...!

·
Registered
164 Posts
I'm looking to get the DS2500s for the front but suppliers give two options, Brembo or Lucas :confused:
I thought all V6s had Brembo brakes????????????:confused:
Can anyone enlighten me before I order?

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I'm looking to get the DS2500s for the front but suppliers give two options, Brembo or Lucas :confused:
I thought all V6s had Brembo brakes????????????:confused:
Can anyone enlighten me before I order?
Yes - Brembo on Front (V6)
Lucas-Girling on Rear (V6) in Aluminium / Nasty Cast Iron on the Twinny

Hence, he was asking you if you wanted Front or Rear Pads - he could have made himself clearer in that discussion. Those Ferrodo's mentioned are only about £65 for the rear and around £125.00 for the fronts.

I think there was a rarity for an ATE caliper on the front at some point. Have a look here, useful website for brake stuff... Brakeparts.co.uk | Car Brakes, Calipers, Pads, Discs & Parts

Personally, gone for PAGID pads on mine with some upgraded, stainless brake lines.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts