Alfa Romeo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is another subject which comes up regularly.. but..

Is it possible to fit Fiat Coupe Brembo 4pot calipers to a 155 - either with or without the larger discs? I guess custom carriers will have to be made, but other than that I can't see any major problems..

Cheers,
Alex

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Alex, I'm sure I read a post from Henry York about this Mod. If I remember, there is a lot of work involved (custom bits etc.) and it was gonna cost a LOT !!!
I also think Henry had the brakes, but gave them back when he worked out a cost of conversion.

Might be wrong though

Marlon

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i had a cuope in yesterday and i looked at the brakes i cant see why you cant just change the whole hub assembly over all the fixings like ball joint and strut holes look the same the only problem is wether or not the drive shafts will mate up but even this shouldnt give too much trouble..if ever i have a coupe 20v and an alfa in at the same time i will measure it all up.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
by the way the guy who has his workshop next to me breaks intergrales and coupes so if you want hubs and brakes or parts for your q4(engine and trans)let me know.

·
Registered
715 Posts
Cloverteck have done it with a 145 with a 2.5 24V engine in. The cost of the parts would be about £700 + the cost of the calipers.

Apparently it would use special custom made discs and need the carrier manufacturing.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why the custom discs? surely if the carrier was custom made, you could fabricate it to allow some 'AN other' discs say 320mm tarox or even the std 284mm discs? Or am I looking at this a little too simply?

Alex

·
Registered
177 Posts
And why not Fiat Coupe discs? 305x28 mm and four bolt 4x98 hyb. I just got an answer from Brembo on my question "What would you suggest as a high performance brake kit for all wheather conditions that would fit into 360 mm (16" rims)?" They suggested theese 305X28 mm discs with four pot calipers (36/40 mm). And with their prices, 2 discs without hub would cost 995 Euro incl. VAT! For a pair of Fiat Coupe discs from RedDot the price is only 415 Euro incl. VAT. VAT is 25% here.

So, with RedDot discs and Brembo calipers including pads one have to pay 1120 Euro with the VAT excluded. Additional costs for brake lines and caliper carriers.

I will probably go for this solution.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts