Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,
I have a kit car, the donor for which was a Triumph Vitesse 2L
The brake slave cylinder has recently been replaced and so has the servo (by me, which means it has probably gone wrong somewhere)
Now, the brake pedal does not get heavier when repeatedly pressed. I know the fluid is getting through the servo as I have taken the brake fluid pipe off and pressed the brakes to find fluid getting out of the pipe when the pedal is pressed.
I have yet to bleed the brakes properly, which may help I guess, but I was really wondering if anyone else had some more advice?
Thanks in advance

K

·
0 Posts
I assume you're doing it with the engine running? Otherwise there won't be any vacuum.

Has the master cylinder been replaced or removed? I'm guessing yes if you've done the servo. If so, you may need to prime it by pumping the pedal with the lines to the four corners undone. As fluid comes out of each connection, fasten it up. Once they are all done, bleed the system and you should be sorted.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am doing this with the engine running, although embarassingly I didn't the first time round.
The master cylinder has been replaced. The brakes were getting worse and worse and air was getting into the lines
I'm going to be tinkering this weekend so hopefully some good news will be reported on Monday. Thanks for the advice

K

·
0 Posts
Good luck with it. When you replace lots of bits like that it can take a lot of bleeding to shift all the air.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts