Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all im replacing all my brake discs soon and ive been offered replacement disks made by qv anybody used these before ? they are just standard type and cost £25 for the front ones and £12 for the rear . my disks are the smallest i think , is it possible to replace with bigger disks without changing calipers?
thanks guys .

W

·
0 Posts
You'll need to change the carriers (I think) to accept larger discs, to allow the calipers to be placed further out.

Not heard of QV discs but they certainly sound cheap. I had some cheap girling discs on the twinny and they warped after a few thousand miles so I'd be wary unless someone here can tell you they are ok.

wrinx

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks wrinx JBcan you confirm this ? QV stuff is what youd get from local factors and stuff i heard of them lots of times but its nice to see if anyone has tried them , oh and wrinx you had cheap girling ones on ? they are the people who make our calipers eek!

J

·
0 Posts
are they not QH (quintin Hazel) I have used these they are ok. I though girling were the dogswotsits when it came to brake bits.

W

·
0 Posts
mmm, I musta had some bad ones then. They started to vibrate after only a couple of months and then became as bad as the ones replaced that had done 60k.

wrinx

M

·
0 Posts
I replaced my discs with Girling. Lets hope they last. :)
I've always used girling in the past with no problem. :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts