Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All.

I bought my 159 2.2 jts a couple of months back and just recently had it serviced replacing both the timing and balance chains.
I also got myself some prodrive rims from Alfisti.net and put Pirelli Nero gt 245/40 zr 19 98y tyres..(check out pic)

my question is about suspension....I have read various threads on here before, but its good to get updated information..I checked out the clearance from the nut that holds the control arm and I reckon I have about 30mm..
I'm looking at getting the eibach-bilstein combination..either the b6 with eibach, or b8 with eibach, or b4 with eibach...I had b8's on my 166 and they were awesome, but I only had 17 inch wheel rims.
has anyone tried any of the eibach - bilstein combinations above with the 19 inch wheels and 245 40 tyres, would they obstruct the tyres?

also for brakes and brakes discs..I assume most would use Brembo or TRW...but has anyone used Pagid or Jurid?

and the control arms etc..has anyone used Meyle HD?

thank you very much in advance for any advice/opinion :)

Jos

Attachments

·
Registered
358 Posts
Those 19" wheels look fantastic!
I recently purchased a set of Eibach springs (25-35mm) and EBC premium brake discs & pads. I've yet to fit them so not really in a position to feed back other than to say the price is very competitive. I've used EBC in the past and have never been disappointed.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
which ebc pads? green seems most common ebc choice on polish forum. also people recommend texar and zimmerman, and criticize trw.
im still on OE big brembo set, but earlier or later will need to change,so also interested in people opinions.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
EBC Redstuff with Bosch disks work well on my wife's 159.

I have also had PF2500 from Auto Lusso and I didn't really notice any difference between those and EBC Redstuff.

No squeal and huge bite when you need it from both.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks to all so far..so TRW is the no go? I think ZF own trw now? Also I think textar and pagid are owned my the same German conglomerate tmd, which now is owned by a japanese company ( I think ?) Anyways I may go for the b6 eibach combination :)

I will post a pretty picture when the are done!!!:thumbup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts