Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Can anyone recommend anywhere that are good (either online or shop in Manchester/NW) for brake discs and pads? I know of someone that can fit them for me so I'm only looking for the parts themselves. During my recent service I was told my front discs and front & rear pads need replacing soon.

Secondly, has anyone fitted drilled brake discs to their GT? If so, Is it worth it?

Many Thanks

·
Registered
567 Posts
You will have to wait for a couple of days as I work away but it shouldn't be a problem. One of the lads I work with saw mine and he has ordered them as well. I think they look the dogs dangley bits.

·
Banned
857 Posts
I'd send a pic of mine fitted but it is ****ing down outside at the moment. The do look the part though, but not just style over substance. They are well finished and do work very well - plenty of bite and minimal fade when used with Mintex pads.

·
Banned
857 Posts
Surely it's the pads that 'bite' the discs not the other way round.
A grooved disc 'bites' better as it allows any dirt or water caught between the friction surface of the pad and the disc to immediately escape rather than waiting for it to roll off or worse it being trapped in there for the duration of the pressing of the pedal. Also, certain steels will have better friction properties.

The downside is the pads will wear faster but you don't get ought for nowt.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Not sure what the cost is, but its worth investing in " yellow stuff " pads.. A colleague had it on his MR2, 75mph to 0 felt like shuttle re-entry..Insane deceleration !! Standard disc & calipers but good pads is my preference..

·
Registered
230 Posts
Haven't changed discs or pads yet on the gt but I'm not a massive fan of drilled discs as they always seem to crack as they dissipate heat poorly in my experience.

For a good brake upgrade I swear by grooved discs and ds2500 pads, they work really well together :)

·
Registered
930 Posts
DS2500's are awesome on normal disks too.. as long as they have anti squeal applied with fitted :thumbs:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts