Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ooops I'm getting that nasty grinding noise from the front on braking :rolleyes:

Therefore i'd better change the pads and I think i'll uprate the discs as well.

After reading a load of the posts i'm left with a few questions...

Firstly, what to get?? I aint got alot of spare cash but as said i'd like to uprate, I don't hang around and I'd also quite like to stop when they're coldish (garaged) suggestions of a suitable combination please ??

Secondly, Where to buy them? Ideally for the weekend and preferably at trade prices or reasonable?

Lastly, Although i've done a lot of work on cars I've never played with the brakes (lack of confidence) how easy is it to change them??

....Or should I just take it down the Arches....RIIIIIIIIICCCCCCKKKKYYY! :)

p.s. I do realise I'll need to check the present brakes as they seem to be randomly choosen!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Just changed both sets of pads,got them for £45 delivered from EBC brakes they do normal and uprated pads and disc's and so far my braking has improved and the pads aren't not even bedded in properly yet :cool:

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's the difference between Ferodo DS2000's and the DS2500's ???

I can get the DS2000's for £22 or the DS2500's for £66

And Marlon didn't you say there was something you didn't like about the 3G Discs???

P

·
0 Posts
Thompatruck1 said:
What's the difference between Ferodo DS2000's and the DS2500's ???

I can get the DS2000's for £22 or the DS2500's for £66

And Marlon didn't you say there was something you didn't like about the 3G Discs???
The DS2000 is the previous version of the DS2500. I had DS2000 on my car and they were the best pads I've used. If you can get them for that price then its a bargain.

M

·
0 Posts
Thompatruck1 said:
Yeah I did. I was putting my poor braking down to the discs. It turned out to be the spring on the bias valve had broken, so all my braking was being done by the front wheels and heating the pads and discs too much. Being grooved discs, they heated up quicker than the standard ones and therefore faded quicker.
Now I've sorted the spring, the brakes are great and the annoying "whirring" from the grooved discs is only slightly evident after plenty of brake hammerings and stops from high speed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts