Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, doing some brake work today and saw that no hub had any of the brake rotor/disc screws to hold them in place, i see that the fronts have sheered off and the rear are missing, what size and type are they? any links to ebay would be nice.
also the rear had no shims so il be doing a full refurb on them.

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
The factory fixing is actually a spike which helps to locate the wheel when fitting. Part number is 7734791 for the 14mm version and 7737018 for the 21mm version ( if using factory spacers ).

You can of course just use a bolt ( M8 x approx 14mm ) but good luck getting the remains of the old spikes out of the front hubs. They and the hub will have been heat hardened and can be difficult to shift.

Alternatively, don't bother and to ensure the disc, hub and wheel holes are all aligned when fitting wheels, use the red threaded spike in the tool kit in one of the wheel stud holes. It makes fitting wheels a lot easier.

An eBay listing for the 14mm version at GBP4.00 each!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/items/?_n...&LH_CAds=&clk_rvr_id=1034341108144&rmvSB=true

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
As long as it fits in the recess in the road wheel - anything. I've seen photos where normal hex head bolts have been used.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I went to my local hardware store and bought some bolts that match the thread of the wheel bolt and then used an angle grinder to reduce the size of the head so that it fits through the holes in the wheel. Don't just cut the head off because you might need to grip it with long nose pliers to unscrew it. i might have a spare which I could have posted for the price of a stamp but I notice you're in Norway so I'm sure its much cheaper for you to source locally

1 - 6 of 6 Posts