Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2.0 jtdm 136bhp : Got pads out, about to remove calipers but notice this model does not have flexible brake lines. Does this mean to change front discs I have to loose brake fluid?!

·
Registered
30,297 Posts
... about to remove calipers but notice this model does not have flexible brake lines.
If it didn't have flexible brake hoses they would fail very quickly when the suspension & steering moves...!

It is however quite common for there to be a short length of rigid pipe from the caliper to the upright.
You should (I hope!) be able to unclip it from the upright and move the caliper.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Done this the other week,follow the solid brake pipe from the calliper back and it will go through a holder on the suspension strut. This pipe is held in place by a U-shaped clip which needs to be slid off. one that is off then the calliper car be twisted and moved enough to get it out of the way. The solid brake line does allow for a small amount of bending, but not too much!

Can I ask what discs you are putting on? standard or uprated? I went for some EBC Ultimax silent slotted discs and they are excellent!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks folks

Job done on Christmas Eve!

Brembo front discs and after 3rd attempt got the right pads. Tried DS2500 but they were for 1.9 JTDM. Tried Ferodo FDS1334 but again too big for this model. Chris Variava helped out hugely by sending over std pads on 24th!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts