Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can anyone tell me what size the union fittings are on the brake compensator valve ?
Looks like I have a small leak from one of the pipes, so I would like to somehow make a blank plug fitting to blank off the hole to avoid fluid loss whilst I make up a new pipe .
Thanks

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
There are 2 sizes. 10 mm & 12 mm I think. I have one on my workbench so can let you know for definite later. They are usually impossible to undo in situ.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Couldn't find my thread gauge but they are 12mm & 10mm both with a 1 mm pitch by the look of it
Thanks Danny
Thought as much, another bloody job that's going to turn into a mission.
All the time and money I've put into the ***** this year and it'll still be off the road
really testing my dedication at the minute :furious::furious::furious:

·
Registered
692 Posts
As Spankdanny says you will have to remove the compensator to repair (2x bolts). You should plan on replacing all 4 pipes as they will all be rusty and snap off where the pipe meets the union. you dont need to replace the entire pipes going to the front of the car you can make up a repair section using male & female unions and a pipe flaring tool. Just make sure you keep track of which pipe goes into which hole

1 - 5 of 5 Posts