Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to have my brake calipers powder coated in the next month or so; anyone know a good place to have these done? Plenty of local places around me that can powder coat but perfer to send calipers to a company that specalises in this type of work.
Thanks

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
May I suggest a can of brake cleaner, a couple of decent model makers brushes and some halfords caliper paint followed by some eBay vinyl?

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I am pretty sure "Iamtheparty" got his done in the last year up in the aberdeen area, might be worth getting in touch with him to see who he used.

good luck and remember the before and after pictures

·
Banned
3,532 Posts
If you don't mind sending them off Sunnyside Garage did mine before and they looked mint... like brand new....
How much was that Joe? As my calipers have started changing a funny colour :(

·
Registered
940 Posts
Prob something i will look into when my coilovers are off for refurb...

Wouldnt mind them redone in bright yellow with a gta logo on them.... Can u buy heat resistant gta brake transfers?

·
Registered
615 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Thanks guys.

So much i want to doo... But this year is meant to be save save save for our wedding... Oooo such fun

·
Registered
211 Posts
I am pretty sure "Iamtheparty" got his done in the last year up in the aberdeen area, might be worth getting in touch with him to see who he used.

good luck and remember the before and after pictures
Sure did - used LJF coatings in Dyce - Welcome - ljfcoatings.com

Was a cash in hand job (£100) for all calipers, including painting of all the bits that couldn't be coated. I had mine stripped right down, pistons and seals removed and LJF masked it all up.
Only took a few days too.

Considering getting mine re-done this year as they've suffered some staining (really shouldn't have gone for yellow!) from getting the brakes bled and been chipped a few times. Also looking like I may need a new carrier on the rear to solve my long standing knocking under braking.

Will probably go down the Autolusso exchange route if they have any 330's available.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts