Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey people,

Recently ive decided that i'd like to add some colour to the dull, boring brake calipers on my 147. I am told that it can be done fairly easily by the novice alike myself. Just requires giving the calipers a good clean off and painting on the desired colour. Surly someone here must know a little about this or has done it to their car?
I'd also like some suggestions about the colour they should be painted.
I am thinking a dull red tint? But i would like some suggestions to broaden the horizon. Here's a picture of the car, it's gabbiano blue.
Quite a laid back tint of blue, not very vibrant allthough a metallic finish.

Help or suggestions appreciated.
Thanks
J.sutton

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
Painted mine red.....just gave them a very good clean with wire brush and plenty of brake cleaner, then painted them...let them dry for a day before car was driven again..:D

Red calipers would look good on your car also like :D

·
Registered
16,710 Posts
I agree with Mr O, red would look :cool:

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
I think red is a bid obvious. Titanium would look cool :cool:

·
Registered
33,643 Posts
No, I meant that light, goldy, silverish colour. Is that not titanium? :confused:

·
Registered
662 Posts
been intending to do this for a while an have the red heat resistant paint and the white heat resistant decals sitting in the house for about a month,

went to do it today an i cant get one of the nuts off each the wheels its an odd size (it has an 8 stamped on the head of it) - even the other tyre irons i have wont take it off

i know this is deliberate to stop some wee c8nt stealing my lovely supersports but i have no way of taking my own wheel off either ffs at least i didnt fnd out at the side of the motorway with a flat.

·
Registered
15,637 Posts
been intending to do this for a while an have the red heat resistant paint and the white heat resistant decals sitting in the house for about a month,

went to do it today an i cant get one of the nuts off each the wheels its an odd size (it has an 8 stamped on the head of it) - even the other tyre irons i have wont take it off

i know this is deliberate to stop some wee c8nt stealing my lovely supersports but i have no way of taking my own wheel off either ffs at least i didnt fnd out at the side of the motorway with a flat.

Do you not have the locking nut key in your boot with the spare wheel:confused:

·
Registered
1,885 Posts

Don't you have the special unlocking socket in a little red box like this?

:confused:

Beaten by Mr O!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts