Alfa Romeo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody help ?? I have a 2002 JTS and recently the o/s/f brake pipe burst whilst on mot test. After replacing said pipe i am now finding it impossible to bleed the brakes. We have tried everything but nothing seems to work, the pedal will not go hard. Got fluid to o/s/f and n/s/r but not others. Pressure bled again and now its reversed, got fluid to n/s/f and o/s/r but not others ??? All calipers seem to be ok and not seized. Just baffling. A mechanic has suggested it could be the ABS Pump, but dont want to start splashing out on another one untill i`m 100% sure this is the problem. Anyone any ideas.
Alan

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you are using a pressure bleeder, ie gunsons eazi bleed, make sure you have less than 15 psi running through it as it is possible blow past the piston seals in the master cylinder, if that has happened, you will need to replace the seals/cylinder.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Have also read on here that you may need the diagnostics machine to open the ports in the abs to bleed the system one of the reasons I'm not rushing to fit my braided lines

·
Registered
9,912 Posts
open bleed nipple right up put finger lift finger off over top while someone pumps pedal and lift off on helpers pressing down action .keep eye on level and do all brakes
then use blled tube to finish off

·
Registered
822 Posts
As Swampy as said, it may be bleeding the ABS that is the issue. Some vehicles are just a swine to bleed when air-locked. Have you got one of those handheld vacuum pumps? Sometimes sucking the brake fluid out of the open bleed nipple can get things moving if pressure doesn't work. A syringe should work if you dont have a vacuum pump. You could also try pushing fresh brake fluid into the system from the bleed nipple using a syringe though if there is any rubbish in the caliper you take the risk of pushing it into the ABS modulatior.

Keith

·
Registered
119 Posts
If an airlock is the problem it can be worth just leaving the car alone for a few hours with the dry bleedscrews open and let gravity do it's thing.
Joe

1 - 6 of 6 Posts